This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

New frontrowcrew.com and Facebook

2»

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Also knowing the font would help
    I just manipulated "gn.svg" (cut, paste, resize, etc.).

EDIT: Oops! I accidentally chopped the bottom of the letters off in my first image. Fixed.
    Post edited by Snickety-Snake on
  • Oh... I figured those were the rasters, just vectors. Well I'm bored now =P
  • Alright. I wasn't gonna leave it like that, just wanted to know which idea you preferred to know which one to put effort into
    How is this?
    What happened to the blue bubbly sparkly things on the right side? I kinda liked that, it added character.
  • Well, he wanted sleek and professional, and the blue sparkerly bits, while I can make them pretty, weren't as they were. I'll add them back in after I figure out how the TF2 level editor works or if I got bored of it, but don't go to bed directly after that.
  • If you aren't aware, I just have a Facebook account of the heck of it, and I hardly use it. Now that I'm actually writing this code to get the FRC Facebook page working, I gotta say, this is actually going to be one kickass Facebook page. The best part is I won't even have to ever visit it once this is all done.
  • edited July 2011
    I will make that thing now. From how it looks on facebook at the moment, I can tell that I need to compress it more, so facebook doesn't find it necessary to do it itself, but shittily, and it would look better without the border-y thing on the left side. Await version with sparkles in 15 min.
    How this?
    Post edited by Aria on
  • Yeah, sadly Facebook doesn't seem to let me specify a different image for the small version than for the big version. It just automatically makes a thumbnail, and you have no choice. Or am I just stupid?
  • edited July 2011
    How this
    I didn't even think of the actual thumbnail-thumbnail, just the mid-thumbnail on the side, which is the same size. Well should be the same size.
    Post edited by Aria on
  • I didn't even think of the actual thumbnail-thumbnail, just the mid-thumbnail on the side, which is the same size. Well should be the same size.
    yeah, I'm talking about the tiny thumbnail that goes next to every post. I guess you haven't seen it because I have only made test postings so far, and I deleted them all. I'll make one after I upload this new image.
  • edited July 2011
    Improvements: Further Improvements: Furthest improvements:
    image image image
    Post edited by Aria on
  • So... shrink the logo so it takes 5 less pixels?
  • "Geeknights" will now be visible even minus the 11 pixels
  • So... shrink the logo so it takes 5 less pixels?
    Whatever you gotta do to make the cutoff not happen.
  • Just to be on the safe size, even further shrunk
  • I think what you have to do is keep everything the same, but put a bunch of white padding around the image. Check out this example from Ford's facebook page.

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41591_100255941189_3184_n.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    Like so? Or larger padding?
    Edit: this version is much better
    Edit 2: Again
    Post edited by Aria on
  • Yeah, now that is looking to be the right size.
  • I think it would be better with just GN or some kind of logo. I didn't realize my primary field was only 50x50 pixels. Unless you think its fine. Then I'd think it was fine too =P
  • edited July 2011
    I think it would be better with just GN or some kind of logo. I didn't realize my primary field was only 50x50 pixels. Unless you think its fine. Then I'd think it was fine too =P
    You're doing this voluntarily, so do as you please. It can definitely be better than it is, but I do not have the skills to make it even half as good as it is right now.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I think I'm going to change the legacy tweeting schedule to once every Friday. No matter what we never do a show on Friday, so it makes sense to post a legacy show then.
  • edited July 2011
    You're doing this voluntarily, so do as you please. It can definitely be better than it is, but I do not have the skills to make it even half as good as it is right now.
    Yes, but I'm still doing it for someone else, and I don't want to leave something unfinished.
    Now pretend you're paying me; what do you not like about that ^

Edit: No wait, this v
    Post edited by Aria on