This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Boardgame recommendations for Rym and Scott

edited September 2006 in Board Games
Given that I mostly tune into your show for “boardgame night”, I’d like to recommend some games that I think you would enjoy playing-

1. Princess of Florence
2. Die Macher (reprint coming soon)
3. Louis XIV
4. Power Grid
5. Traders of Genoa

-Eric

Thanks and keep the boardgaming shows coming!

P.S. What happened to Goa? I remember you mentioned it a while back but that you had to abandon a game while at a convention.

Comments

• Ah, Die Macher. A game with a special place in my heart, possibly because I won the single time the FRC played it. It's a little too time-consuming (the box says, very accurately, that it takes 4 hours to play), but I remember it being fully of wonderfully chewy backstabbing and intrigue.

The alliance of my Square Tomatoes and Robot Hitlers will destroy your Sneeze Reform!
  • I've played Traders of Genoa. It would be Rym's favorite game, he just hasn't played it yet. I'm definitely looking forward to that Die Macher reprint.

Goa we played at a convention, but we failed to learn the rules. There's another con coming up, maybe we'll have another go at Goa.
  • One the favorite games of my close groups of friends is Junta. It lets you and your friends try to establish a government in a small banana republic that quite often turns into a coup. I highly recommend it, however it's best when you have the max amount of players (Seven I think)
  • I think my favorite board game would have to be Pax Britannica. Lots of negotiations and just crunchy enough.
  • What about Great Space Race from Kenzer & Company?