This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Son of Strelka, Son of God: Obama mythopoei-ama

edited August 2011 in Art!
A month ago, on my primary forum, this...thing was released.

I can't put it better than the creator:
Dan WarrenFor the past four years, I've been working slowly but obsessively on a very odd project. Bit by bit I’ve dissected Obama’s self-read autobiography into thousands of very short phrases, usually one to ten words or so, and have used these snippets to tell a completely different story from the original. I’ve then set the story to music. The story is called Son Of Strelka, Son Of God. Broadly speaking, it tells the story of an ugly dog-faced demigod who recreates the world after it is destroyed. It's about thirty minutes long, and lies in some weird grey area between audiobook and electronic music.
It's seriously great. The music is great, the story is great, the President provides a great voice. Download it and listen to it immediately. Or, if you're more of a visual person...
I’m now trying to find people to animate or at least illustrate the various chapters of the story. The first two chapters are already being animated, but there are at least seven more to go!
Here's the rough animations for Chapter 1 and Chapter 2. I am on tenterhooks waiting for more.

Brief word on it being free:
Despite all the work I put into it, I honestly don’t expect this project to ever make a single cent. It’s almost certainly fair use [Ed: independent legal scholars recently confirmed this], but that doesn’t mean that there wouldn’t be legal hassles if I tried to sell it. That being the case, I thought the most appropriate thing to do would be to release it into the wild on America's birthday.

Comments