This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Goth

edited August 2011 in Everything Else
How have I been here so long and never made a thread like this!

I've been into the music years before I actually jumped into my local scene. Then discovered more music both underground and legendary. Fashion wise, I was already doing my own thing with thrift store and DIY punk and harajuku looking stuff, so it wasn't a big jump. Now it's been years and I go for more Victorian and feminine dresses these days.

Music? I'm really into Faith and The Muse right now and this band I saw last weekend Sensuous Enemy. I cut my teeth on Sisters of Mercy and Siouxie and the Banshees and ate The Birthday Massacre's whole discography. Also, I have ton of stuff in my collection that would take a long time to list.

Don't really know much about goth? She got you covered, newbs. It's a good quick basic, but only scratches the surface a bit. Her four videos are good for the babybat and the curious, never heard of it types. Also, Trellia did a great chart about all the different types in the subculture.
mQb4rQm-7_M

Comments

• Also, Trellia did a great chart about all the different types in the subculture.
    Geekgoth looks like Rym to me.
    Geekgoth looks like 40% of the guys I see at cons.
  • You called?
    Yes! Buy me a snakebite!
  • The music that kicks in at about 14 seconds Sounds awfully familiar.
    *looks around in a panic*
    Shit! They know!
    *runs away*
  • The music that kicks in at about 14 seconds Sounds awfully familiar.
    *looks around in a panic*
    Shit! They know!
    *runs away*
    I heard this song in an episode of Project Runway. Also, a shit ton of things!
  • I heard this song in an episode of Project Runway. Also, a shit ton of things!
    Loops. Loops everywhere.
  • Malediction is fucking awesome but I can hardly ever get out. Ruin is supposed to be good as well. I don't like dressing the part but I do love the music.

Also, there is a most excellent Goth Community/group of clubs down in LA.
  • Malediction is fucking awesome but I can hardly ever get out. Ruin is supposed to be good as well. I don't like dressing the part but I do love the music.
    I'm sure Xian would be glad to hear it, I'll pass it on. I haven't been for obvious reasons, but I know many of the regulars - via their forums, facebook, mutual friends, so on - and I know it's a great crowd, good music and a good night out.
  • I'm sure Xian would be glad to hear it, I'll pass it on.
    I'm like one degree removed from Xian. A friend of mine performs at her venues now and again as a belly dancer. =D
  • I'm like one degree removed from Xian. A friend of mine performs at her venues now and again as a belly dancer. =D
    Really? Shit, Who's your friend? More to the point, who are you, dude? I think a couple of my friends know a belly dancer that works Xian's gigs from time to time, too, so I suspect we have mutual friend action going on here.
  • Name's David. I'm Mr. Cellophane. My friend who dances is named Irene. Her stage name is IrinaXara or sometimes Rotting Orange. From what I can tell in your postings, I'm about one or two degrees removed from you as well, aside from this forum that is.
  • Name's David. I'm Mr. Cellophane. My friend who dances is named Irene. Her stage name is IrinaXara or sometimes Rotting Orange. From what I can tell in your postings, I'm about one or two degrees removed from you as well, aside from this forum that is.
    True shit! I know Abe, Jetti, Akasha, Janelle the Marine, Lea, Emily, Dani, Zach, All that crowd. Small world.
    Woman be emo, not goth.
  • Think this 80's movie gal:

• edited August 2011
    I just found an ok blog on the topic, but really this post stood out. Oh god, it reminds of of the babybat days. Luckily, there's almost no evidence of it online. It's about n00bs.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I just found an ok blog on the topic, but really this post stood out. Oh god, it reminds of of the babybat days. Luckily, there's almost no evidence of it online. It's about n00bs.
    There is actually an under-18s goth club here which is called BabyBats.
  • I just found an ok blog on the topic, but really this post stood out. Oh god, it reminds of of the babybat days. Luckily, there's almost no evidence of it online. It's about n00bs.
    There is actually an under-18s goth club here which is called BabyBats.
    So CUT~E!

Unfortunately, they don't have teen clubs as far as I know anymore. I think they should again. Gives teens something to do.
  • So CUT~E!

Unfortunately, they don't have teen clubs as far as I know anymore. I think they should again. Gives teens something to do.
    It's not common down here - there are Blue-light Discos(Put on by the police youth service), Church gatherings(eeayah...Let's not touch that one, but they tend towards things like Hillsong's "Call of Duty" event which swiped all the copyrighted COD imagery that it could, advertised a games tournament and music, but apparently boiled down to cheap, family-safe board games, and a single christian rock band doing sanitized covers, along with a church service, and you wern't allowed to dance in an "Inappropriate" fashion, ie, with someone of a different sex, unless it was a waltz, and definitely not with someone of the same sex, even if it was a waltz), and there were a few under-age clubs like The Dome, but I don't know how many are left these days.