This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Minecraft PhD: A Minecraft Research Project (Take the survey!)

edited August 2011 in Everything Else
Forum, I need your help:

Since PAX East 2011, I've been conceptualizing a research project around Minecraft's development, popularity, and community. I've compiled some ideas on this landing page for the project: http://alexleavitt.com/minecraftphd/

Today I released a survey about how players play Minecraft and relate to the developers and larger community. I'd really appreciate it if you took some time and filled it out! There's a link at the project page, above.

I'm hoping to present some of the research findings at PAX Prime 2011, where I'm presenting a panel about Minecraft.

And please recommend it to your friends outside the forum that play as well!

Thanks,
Alex

Comments

• Done, and I already reshared it earlier this morning on G+, Twitter, & FB.
  • I think I failed it. Can I do it again?
  • Done and done.
  • Done and done and done.
  • Survey too long, I gave up. /honesty
  • I did it.
  • There were a couple times I thought "Ah, fuck it, not worth the time", and almost closed it. Then I realized I had to keep procrastinating with my homework, and kept on going anyway. Today, sloth has defeated apathy, and your survey is complete.
  • Survey too long, I gave up. /honesty
    Yeah, it seems like it's at a length where some people can hold out and others feel it's too much.

How far did you make it?
  • edited August 2011
    Survey too long, I gave up. /honesty
    And I feel bad about it, but I don't have enough time right now to give you the thoughtful answers I'd want to in a survey like this.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • How far did you make it?
    Not even halfway.

Also, I didn't really have answers for a lot of the questions because I haven't played Minecraft in months. I didn't even know what some of the questions meant because I don't know enough about Minecraft.