This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Help! Need some suggestions for technology/law books

edited August 2011 in Technology
Hi all,I'm going to be doing an independent study with one of my professors who specializes in Cyberspace law, IP, copyrights, etc. For the independent study, the professor suggested that we read some books and then discuss them. He suggested I check out a couple books including:

The Global Flow of Information: Legal, Social, and Cultural Perspectives (Ex Machina: Law, Technology, and Society) by Ramesh Subramanian

The Penguin and the Leviathan: How Cooperation Triumphs over Self-Interest by Yochai Benkler

The Master Switch: The Rise and Fall of Information Empires by Tim Wu

Delete: The Virtue of Forgetting in the Digital Age by Viktor Mayer-Schonberger

The Wealth of Networks: How Social Production Transforms Markets and Freedom by Yochai Benkler

Based on checking out these books, I searched online and found some other books that looked interesting:

Nothing to Hide: The False Tradeoff between Privacy and Security by Daniel J. Solove

Understanding Privacy by Daniel. J. Solove

The Future of Reputation: Gossip, Rumor, and Privacy on the Internet by Daniel J. Solove

Privacy in Context: Technology, Policy, and the Integrity of Social Life by Helen Nissenbaum

The Googlization of Everything: (And Why We Should Worry) by Siva Vaidhyanathan

The Anarchist in the Library: How the Clash Between Freedom and Control Is Hacking the Real World and Crashing the System by Siva Vaidhyanathan

The Filter Bubble: What the Internet Is Hiding from You by Eli Pariser

Code: And Other Laws of Cyberspace, Version 2.0 by Lawrence Lessig

Code 2.0 by Lawrence Lessig

The Net Delusion: The Dark Side of Internet Freedom by Evgeny Morozov

Does anyone have any thoughts on these books or recommendations for other books similar or that might also be interesting?

Thanks!

Comments

• The only one I've read is Lawrence Lessig and that man is fantastic. Was gonna recommend him then saw two of his books pop up at the end of your list. I'd read anything he wrote.