This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Random .gif Thread

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Post edited by Ikatono on
  • Koalas have toxic piss. And also, don't fuck with them in the wild, because they'll claw your shit apart and piss on you for good measure.
  • edited November 2012
    Koalas are so cute, they are like if Cthulhu mated with a plushie. Vicious little cuties.

Edit: Ninja'd.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • edited November 2012
    There was a ton of them around my house. We also had a lot of Kookaburras of which we trained one to eat steak from our hands.

And then the Cane Toads...
    ಠ_ಠ
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • And then the Cane Toads...
    ಠ_ಠ
    Nine Iron or Six Iron?

• edited November 2012
    You know what I found funny was I was terrified of the cane toads because my mother warned us that cane toads shoot poison or some such bullshit. Whatever she said instilled in me the fear that a cane toad would shoot poison into my face ala Newman in Jurrasic Park.

In college we watched a documentary about how the toad was introduced to Queensland. Not only did I find out they didn't shoot poison, but the documentary showed some little girl in a Northern Queensland town (I wanna say near Townsville) literally playing with one as if it was her pet. She was like carrying it around and shit. I was flabbergasted.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited November 2012

Post edited by Banta on
  • Complicated mechanisms explained in .gifs.
    For instance, the Maltese Cross mechanism, for the second hand of a watch:
  • poor kitty! i hope it didn't get a fracture.
  • This has to be like a hit in the perfect spot because from the reflection it seems like he doesn't actually fall that far.
  • edited November 2012
    cats can get injuries from falling, particularly chest, legs, and spine, especially if they don't have the time to properly orient themselves.
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • cats can get injuries from falling, particularly chest, legs, and spine, especially if they don't have the time to properly orient themselves.
    Aww, you're no fun!
  • This has to be like a hit in the perfect spot because from the reflection it seems like he doesn't actually fall that far.
    Actually, short falls can be worse than long ones for cats. 2-5 stories is the danger zone for serious injuries. Anything higher and the cat can adjust itself properly and reduce its terminal velocity. It was on an episode of Radiolab (Falling) if you want to find it.
  • edited November 2012
    This has to be like a hit in the perfect spot because from the reflection it seems like he doesn't actually fall that far.
    Actually, short falls can be worse than long ones for cats. 2-5 stories is the danger zone for serious injuries. Anything higher and the cat can adjust itself properly and reduce its terminal velocity. It was on an episode of Radiolab (Falling) if you want to find it.
    Although that study's conclusion (that longer falls are safer for cats) is questionable, because it used data from vet-hospitals and didn't account for unreported deaths.
    cats can get injuries from falling, particularly chest, legs, and spine, especially if they don't have the time to properly orient themselves.
    Aww, you're no fun!
    I know, right? ):
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • True. BRB, dropping cats off buildings for science.
  • I think that short falls are only bad if the cat is not right side up to begin with, which makes sense that it needs to orient itself. If you look in the reflection it's right side up the entire time.
  • trying too hard...