This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Puffins and other awkward creatures

edited November 2011 in Everything Else
My art teacher (not mentioning names) is just the the most awkward creature. When landing Puffins crash into the water and look like they are drowning she (my art teacher) is a lot like that. but when i am around her she is not as awkward as she seems to everyone around her. What makes people act the way they do and why do others react so differently from other people to that one awkward person. puffins live with other puffins but they all act the same towards each other and for he most part get along but us humans on the other hand haven't figured it out yet.

Comments

• I'm sorry, but that paragraph seemed to go in eight different directions. Can you clarify what you're trying to say/ask?
  • edited November 2011
    This is a fascinating story.
    Post edited by Shadowdare on
  • I think your art teacher wants you and acts like a goon when you are around. You should totes grab her boob. Chicks dig that shit.
  • My art teacher (not mentioning names) is just the the most awkward creature. When landing Puffins crash into the water and look like they are drowning she (my art teacher) is a lot like that. but when i am around her she is not as awkward as she seems to everyone around her. What makes people act the way they do and why do others react so differently from other people to that one awkward person. puffins live with other puffins but they all act the same towards each other and for he most part get along but us humans on the other hand haven't figured it out yet.
    Interesting. Some people do relate to animals well, though you often hear things like "feline" or "a bear of a man", rather than "You're a puffin. You smash into things and can't swim." That does happen sometimes for a variety of reasons, or it might simply be that you're not noticing the same things everyone else is. It's a toss up, we don't know you. Puffins do live with other puffins, but that's somewhat Normal. Animals do tend to be somewhat self-organizing like that, it's very tidy. Which is good, because nature abhors vacuuming. My Ex Fiance used to call me puffin. She once sent me a letter, with puffins drawn on the front. She's no longer around, but so it goes, so it goes.
  • My art teacher (not mentioning names) is just the the most awkward creature. When landing Puffins crash into the water and look like they are drowning she (my art teacher) is a lot like that. but when i am around her she is not as awkward as she seems to everyone around her. What makes people act the way they do and why do others react so differently from other people to that one awkward person. puffins live with other puffins but they all act the same towards each other and for he most part get along but us humans on the other hand haven't figured it out yet.
    You remind me of a girl I know. She often pretends to be a cat and rolls around purring, and spends a lot of time talking in sweeping tones about how everything would be better if people were like candy, and other such bullshit. I love her to death, but it gets tiring.
  • edited November 2011
    I bet a teriyaki puffin would be pretty nice.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_puffins_being_eaten_as_a_food_source
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Oh god I am dying.
  • From laughter,
  • has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Also, this thread gets FUCKING HILARIOOUS when you read it aloud as ringo starr.
  • Everything is fucking hilarious when you read it aloud as Ringo.
  • And now I can't stop hearing Ringo Starr in my head, Thanks.
  • What's all this then?
  • I went to the post office yesterday and the guy helping me (not naming anyone, because honestly, I can't remember) was the most self-confident creature. I mean, talk about dragons. Dragons live in caves and hoard treasure and tell people what to do like a boss (much like that guy). But when I came in he roared at me. Another guy told me he likes to roar and stuff, so I was kind of into it but then he took my money and put it on top of the pile he already had in his drawer. There was a bunch of money there, but then again I suppose he's dragon-like, so that's okay. I'm not sure where the fire-breathing comes in, I guess he might have hot breath or something, anyway I left.
  • edited November 2011
    My art teacher (not mentioning names) is just the the most awkward creature. When landing Puffins crash into the water and look like they are drowning she (my art teacher) is a lot like that. but when i am around her she is not as awkward as she seems to everyone around her. What makes people act the way they do and why do others react so differently from other people to that one awkward person. puffins live with other puffins but they all act the same towards each other and for he most part get along but us humans on the other hand haven't figured it out yet.
    You remind me of a girl I know. She often pretends to be a cat and rolls around purring, and spends a lot of time talking in sweeping tones about how everything would be better if people were like candy, and other such bullshit. I love her to death, but it gets tiring.
    I'm reading The Wind Up Bird Chronicle right now, and as a result I'm assuming everything you say is super profound. Just thought you'd like to know.
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • Everything is fucking hilarious when you read it aloud as Ringo.
    Except a few seasons of Thomas the tank engine. They simply started out that way.
    And now I can't stop hearing Ringo Starr in my head, Thanks.
    I'll consider that a victory.

• I'm reading The Wind Up Bird Chronicle right now, and as a result I'm assuming everything you say is super profound. Just thought you'd like to know.
    I'm glad! It's a terrific book.

I think I'll have spaghetti for lunch again tomorrow. It gives me a sense of accomplishment.

• I talked to a person like a pigeon today (his name is Eric) he took a shit on my car. When pigeons fly they don't have bladders so they poop everywhere and on cars a lot. I was drinking coffee and he wouldn't admit it when I was talking to him. I heard him telling somebody else, though. The coffee was a really dark roast and then he walked away smiling. Pigeons are pretty cool but this guy was not. Caffeine makes me jittery.
  • And people say we're not nice. Look how welcoming we are, trying to make the new person feel comfortable.
  • I know this pigeon that serves a great mug of coffee. His cafe is in the basement of the town museum; it's called "The Roost".
  • Sometimes I will listen to a transistor radio on my headphones. I'll lie on my bed in the dark and jam the tuner in between stations, and when the white noise starts, I press my palms against my eyes and sit there in the dark, listening to a static roar with a kaleidoscope dancing on my eyelids. For a few seconds, it's like the world isn't real.
  • I would just like to say that my last post contained a comma at the end of a sentence. I wish to rectify this. I meant to write a period. Please let it be known that I have corrected my post so that I do not appear to be an illiterate fuck.
  • Sometimes I will listen to a transistor radio on my headphones. I'll lie on my bed in the dark and jam the tuner in between stations, and when the white noise starts, I press my palms against my eyes and sit there in the dark, listening to a static roar with a kaleidoscope dancing on my eyelids. For a few seconds, it's like the world isn't real.
    Oh, hey Shinji.
    Oh, hey Shinji.
    That was an SDAT player (retconned to an iPod in the manga), and he was listening to music.
    Side note - the inception app is pretty cool like that.

Oh, hey Shinji.
    That was an SDAT player (retconned to an iPod in the manga), and he was listening to music.
    That happened in Eva?