This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20111101 - Ricochet Robots and Set

edited November 2011 in GeekNights
Tonight on GeekNights, with Rym out of town, we have guest host Luke Burrage bringing you his (somewhat ancient on account of Rym not uploading this long ago when he should have) thoughts on Ricochet Robots and Set! Also, don't forget that Burning Apocalypse Con is coming up, and we have an exclusive interview with Luke Crane talking all about it! Stay tuned for a Tuesday special!

Comments

• Take that Luke!
  • Is Mr. Period ok? Why did Scoot post this thread for new podscat?
    I didn't yet rewrite the automatic forum posting thing for the new forum.

• We used to play Set every once in a while. My older brother was so good at it that he would always beat me, my mom, my dad, and my oldest brother combined.
    I didn't yet rewrite the automatic forum posting thing for the new forum.

Nooo! Do ruin the illusion!! I wanted to be friends with Mr. Period.
  • Nooo! Do ruin the illusion!! I wanted to be friends with Mr. Period.
    That illusion was borked many years ago.
  • I still wanted to believe.
  • As a fan of Spot It, Set sounds like a game for my next meet up.
    And as I have fond memories of Robo Rally (which sounds vaguely like Ricochet Robots) I think I will pick up both of these games.
  • Holy shit! You actually used my guest episode! I just checked on my server and it says I first uploaded it for you to use:
    GeekNights - Ricoche..> 12-Aug-2008 09:58 11M
    Over three years ago, or four summer convention/trip to the shore seasons ago.

That is some impressive shit talk/procrastination action.
  • Didn't realise how old it was until Rym said the old "Feed's plural!" line and then Scott quoted the 2.5 licence.
  • Lukes description of the robot game reminds me greatly of this game a friend of mine showed me.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fling!/id325815008?mt=8
  • Didn't realise how old it was until Rym said the old "Feed's plural!" line and then Scott quoted the 2.5 licence.
    I laughed when I heard the old Frapper Map line.

• I laughed when I heard the old Frapper Map line.
    So that's what they're saying! It's been a mystery since I started listening. I always parsed it as "crapper-mat" which I presumed was incorrect.