This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

RIP Beluga

2»

Comments

• Google hangouts do IM chats...
  • Ooh there is an app for that and it looks pretty slick. The installing.
    The problem here is that we're catering to the peasants among us with dumbphones that can't do Google Hangouts.
    The problem here is that we're catering to the peasants among us with dumbphones that can't do Google Hangouts.
    I think that may have changed a couple months ago when Greg got a smartphone. Or are there others who still need the SMS option?

I think there's a point where ties simply have to be severed. T-mobile offers unlimited smartphone data and text plus 100 minutes for $30 a month. We can't make it any easier.
  • The problem with Google Hangout is that the hangout is not tied to the event. It's just a live chat with some set of people. It's not a PAX Prime 2013 chat that I can enter and leave at will.
  • Honestly, I agree with George. Also, consider that at Anime Boston, which I'd consider a fairly large representation of the Forum community, literally everyone was using the app, not SMS.
  • The problem with Google Hangout is that the hangout is not tied to the event. It's just a live chat with some set of people. It's not a PAX Prime 2013 chat that I can enter and leave at will.
    You can leave Google Hangouts.
  • edited May 2013
    The problem with Google Hangout is that the hangout is not tied to the event. It's just a live chat with some set of people. It's not a PAX Prime 2013 chat that I can enter and leave at will.
    You can leave Google Hangouts.
    Can I rejoin? Can I stay in the hangout, but disable notifications for it while keeping notifications enabled for other hangouts?
    Post edited by Apreche on