This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

30 Rock

edited November 2011 in Everything Else
This is, unequivocally, my favorite show.
Post edited by colbyblogger on

Comments

• edited November 2011
    This thread's gonna be mighty lame if I can't embed my youtubes
  • I'm pretty sure you just paste the URL and post:

I love muppet Alec Baldwin.
  • edited November 2011

• edited November 2011

I'm done for now. Lol.
  • edited November 2011
    Unfortunately, I haven't been keeping up lately. But it still has a special place in my heart.
    Post edited by P_TOG on
  • I love this show. I think it is one of the top 3 shows on the major networks right now.
  • Great show, can't wait for it to start up again.
  • I'm just sad that this is going to be the last season. No more adventures with Dr. Spaceman.
  • Prediction for series finale: Liz meets Astronaut Mike Dexter.

And does anyone know what's up with Kenneth? I thought he was a vampire, but then he wouldn't show up on film like in the "do the Microwave" clip.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm just sad that this is going to be the last season.
    Source?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I'm just sad that this is going to be the last season.
    Source?
    Alec Baldwin has said it several times in interviews. His contract and several others are up after this season and they are not interested in renewing, especially as the show is down to about 4.4 million viewers per episode. Baldwin tried to leave after season four, but execs wouldn't let him out of his contract and there was a little bad blood.

That being said, I'm going to log off for the evening and see if I can find my wife, astronaut Mike Dexter.

• I may give this show a chance, but the fact that Tracy Morgan is in it is pretty much the only thing holding me back.

I barely tolerated him in the movie Cop Out, so I don't know if I could tolerate him in the show.
  • I had no interest in 30 Rock until reading Bossypants. I'd even seen a few episodes while traveling, because I will watch practically anything on an airplane, but it hadn't really appealed to me, partly because I found Tracy Morgan so annoying. But then eventually it hooked me in, and now I love him for moments like this:

• I love this show and I'm sad its ending, but better to end while its still good (is it still good, I don't have cable?).
  • Damn, my favorite Tracy Jordon piece is when they are in Boston and he starts heckling a Ben Franklin impersonator with his "black friend". Can't seem to find the clip.
  • Best song evar!

• And does anyone know what's up with Kenneth? I thought he was a vampire, but then he wouldn't show up on film like in the "do the Microwave" clip.

It mentions that he has a mission from God, that he sees a white haze when he looks in a mirror, and at the end of last season, he shouts up to the sky saying that he needs more time. He calls the sky Jacob. Oh my god. It's like A Wonderful Life.
  • edited November 2011

• edited November 2011

• I abhor Trace Morgan, but for some reason love him on this show. It must be because he is parodying himself, and does such a good job at poking fun at the reasons we all hate him. My favorite moment of his was when he accidentally got in the cash cab on the way to his daughter's birth.

For those asking, yes the show is still good, but I will be glad to see it end after 1 more season so it doesn't get the chance to tank.
  • It really do want Liz to have it all at the end of the series, though. It would be sad if the Donaghy mentoring program failed her.
  • It really do want Liz to have it all at the end of the series, though. It would be sad if the Donaghy mentoring program failed her.
    Yes, but I'm happy that they've avoided the Jack-Liz romantic entanglement and made it more like a Denny Crane-Alan Shore relationship instead.

• more like a Denny Crane-Alan Shore relationship instead
    Ok. Now I'm really interested.
    Yes, but I'm happy that they've avoided the Jack-Liz romantic entanglement and made it more like a Denny Crane-Alan Shore relationship instead.
    I love that it eventually became a huge joke at the end of season 5.