This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Gift (Card) Swap

edited December 2011 in Forum Game
It's an event as inevitable as the holiday season itself.
Your family gets together for food and gift swapping and your Aunt Carmella, who you only see a handful of times each year, hands you an envelope. You hope- nay, PRAY that it's cash. You open the card and see the heart sinking shiny plastic of a gift card for a store YOU NEVER SHOP AT.
You put on that smile (you know which one) and say with as much sincerity as you can muster, "Thanks, Aunt Carmella! How did you know I love PlaceThatIOnlyGoToOnceAYearTops?"
It's tough, staring at that little plastic rectangle. You know there is money locked away in there, but you can't get at it because there's nothing worth drawing it out with. And those gift card swapping websites either look shady or take out so much commission that it's hardly even worth it.

If only there was a way to swap it with people you knew you could trust.

Okay, enough with the infomercial quality spiel; you know where this is going.

I've got a $25 Barnes and Noble gift card and I'm willing to swap it out for a different gift card of equal or (slightly) lesser value. Less is less likely, but if it's for a place I buy from often (like Amazon or Adafruit, for example) I might do it. Alternative trades are cool too.

If anyone else wants to swap stuff and wants to use me as an escrow, I'd be happy to help out.
Post edited by Victor Frost on

Comments

• edited December 2011
    I've got like $75 worth of Best Buy cards but I'm afraid no one here shops there either. I suppose since they don't go bad I could save them up for a 360 or something.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on