This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Your Band Name

2»

Comments

• Blue Chicken Sandwich
  • Denim Kielbasa.

I think I'm still winning.
  • Blue Pulled Pork?

>_<

I think I'm losing.
  • Black Mac Salad
  • Black Mac Salad
    That sounds like an awesome rapper name.
  • Nevermind that, my band's name will be Heavy Metal Bard. With such singles as "Atop A Dead Body" "Romeo Romeo Where the Fuck Are You?" and "I Don't Eat Human Flesh."
  • Blue Ploughman's.

Fuck yeah. We're an avant-garde Cumbrian folk group. Our primary instruments are an accordion, a mandolin, and a minimoog, and our vocalist plays a circuit-bent sampler of 50s BBC clips.
  • This thread is way more boring than I thought it would be. Just a stupid meme? Come on, I want your original ideas for band names! And not just joke names, I want to know what you would seriously call a band if you had one.

I'll post again with some past and future band names later.
  • It's not a meme, just a game.
  • edited February 2012
    I'm actually fairly partial to Flesh Meatballs now. It really does sound like a 70's punk band. In any case, I do think I would use that for a legitimate band name, but only if I were going to make a throwback homage-type band. Sort of like Warbringer or Holy Grail.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • My band would be named....

The Grunting Boars
  • My band would be named....

The Grunting Boars
    You win.

• edited February 2012
    Way back in the day, I sang in an experimental project by my school, the School Rock band(which was set up at the behest of one of the music teachers and one of the drama teachers, after the school play was some sort of rock musical.) We ended up settling on the (stupid) name "Burnie Zarzoff and the Hot Cheek."
    Post edited by Churba on
  • By the game: Blue Vietnamese Sandwich (chicken)
    For Luke: Sympathizing with Brutus was one that was liked when some friends and I were tossing around band names for one of them.
  • edited February 2012
    This thread is way more boring than I thought it would be. Just a stupid meme? Come on, I want your original ideas for band names! And not just joke names, I want to know what you would seriously call a band if you had one.

I'll post again with some past and future band names later.
    Back in high school, my friends and I used to lie and say we were in a band. We said it was a post-experimental-emo-metalcore with symphonic influences (it was crucial that we all pitched it the same way). It was called Botched Abortion. Later on, during one of these charades, I alluded to my solo project, Dying Giraffe, which lead to a fake fight.

During my Rock Band days, it was Oedipus and the Motherfuckers.
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • edited February 2012
    Back in high school, my friends and I used to lie and say we were in a band.
    I'd almost call our band a lie, at least, a lie at the time - we only played enough gigs to convincingly justify the amount of time we spent skiving off from going to class, and hanging out in the music room listening to rock music while talking shit and jamming. The teacher in charge didn't mind, so all was well. So, I guess, not a lie, but still somewhat of a con.

Post edited by Churba on
  • I was almost in a band called Don't Poke the Bear once.
  • Sand blasted blue sausage soup band -> SBBSSB
  • Oh man, my band came up with a huge laundry list of names that would be fun to share with this thread. It is not readily available though, so I'll just give some of the ones that were under serious consideration before we chose.

Summit Sun Lookout
    Unexcelled
    Oboephobic (this was our name for a while until we realized people kept thinking we were saying homophobic)
    Fractal Horizons
    The Lonely Chopstick
  • I've always wanted to start a band called Running with Scissors, but considering I can't sing or play any instruments, it's never happened.
  • Naked Ribs!
  • edited February 2012
    Bedlinen Holocaust was a serious consideration for a noise or electronic project for a while, named after a pretty amusing but mostly horrific thing that happened to me that I refuse to speak about.

Weaponized Chivalry stems from a conversation I had with Churba a long while back, as does Neckbeard Madness, which Churba wanted to appropriate for a folk rock group.

The Union Stockyards is still an option if I can ever find some people willing to play blues rock with me.

Long John and The Thermals is a progressive bluegrass name I've had in the hopper for a while.

Dredge, Malkovich, and Hypodermic are all names I like for metal bands.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited February 2012
    Game version: Day old egg and bacon bit sandwich.

Actual band name; "Oh, y'know, that one with the thing!" (quotation marks are included).
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • Aged 15 to 20 I was in a number of bands. Here are a few names.

The Christian rock band had a few different names over the years. The one I remember clearly was "Crossfire". At the time it sounded cool, with the right imagery. Crucifix. Flames. War. What's not to like? A few years later I worked out that if you weren't Christian, the first image in your mind would be "Caught in the crossfire" which usually means collateral damage in a war. Nice going, Luke!

At college I was part of a band that performed in a theater play called The Road. The band proved more popular than the play itself, and we continued gigging. It started off with 5 members, and kept adding more until we reached 12. So many, in fact, that we could never find time to all get together and practice. The band was called "The Road". I liked the name.

Along with two friends, and two friends of friends, I was part of an (I think) awesome band that played all original rock music. We performed a bit around the area, and had a lot of fun. I think we won the Barnard Castle talent contest.

For some reason we ended up calling ourselves "Atomic Flowers". I can't remember having any say in this decision. A few months later, a new girl pop group started getting radio play in the UK. Their name was "Atomic Kitten". As soon as I found out about this, I said "We have to change our name!" But they wouldn't change their name at all. They wanted to stick with the name "Atomic Flowers" which in the end I didn't care much about, because I left the band to go to university. They didn't want me to go to university, and instead stick with the band, to see if we could make it big. I might have considered that for longer if they had changed the name, but they didn't. Oh well.

• I'd name a band "The Godzillas", "Guacamole" or "Chilly con Carne"