This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Meta Forum Comments

edited February 2012 in Forum Stuff
I want a place to make comments about discussions in the forums that don't really belong in the discussions themselves.

Things like,

"Boy we sure like to explain how science works to each other a lot."

"Every thread today seems to be about Scott's genitals."

"Rym be trollin again."

"Linkigi seems to be on a 'getting offended about everything' kick."

"I can tell everyone posting is hungry right now."

"I can tell that a large portion of the forum is on the east coast and gets off work at five."
Post edited by Anthony Heman on

Comments

• edited February 2012
    "Linkigi seems to be on a 'getting offended about everything' kick."
    Hey! That's offensive to me!

I kid, I kid. I've just noticed the problems I generally have with nerds on the Internet more than usual on this forum over the past few weeks.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • All the forum minors seem to be the same person, with minor deviations. Do I actually have three accounts? Are we Tyler Durden?
  • When I and some of the others were forum minors several years ago, I remember there being comments getting us mixed up all the time. Though, I don't think much has changed, we're still just punk kids to them ~_^
  • You're a punk rock kid.
  • When I and some of the others were forum minors several years ago, I remember there being comments getting us mixed up all the time. Though, I don't think much has changed, we're still just punk kids to them ~_^
    I think we gained personhood when we got into college and could cogently discuss our future professions. I'm not sure though.
  • The major forum community I interacted with from high school up through recent years was 10 to 20 years older than me. I find it interesting to be around the "average" or possibly even older age for this forum.
  • I think we gained personhood when we got into college and could cogently discuss our future professions. I'm not sure though.
    YES.
  • I think we gained personhood when we got into college and could cogently discuss our future professions. I'm not sure though.
    YES.
    ^_^

• edited February 2012
    When I and some of the others were forum minors several years ago, I remember there being comments getting us mixed up all the time. Though, I don't think much has changed, we're still just punk kids to them ~_^
    I think we gained personhood when we got into college and could cogently discuss our future professions. I'm not sure though.
    Well, yes, but I honestly think it was this forum that made me better as a person. I mean, If Mr.Period hadn't ripped into my posts those first few times, my writing wouldn't have improved. If the discussions here weren't so often based on global issues, I wouldn't have cared enough to gain a global awareness. And (and it all stems from this, really) if the people here weren't so, well, awesome, I wouldn't have had any incentive to make those changes at all.

In short, stay awesome, my friends.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • You're a punk rock kid.
    I can live with this.
    YES.
    ^_^
    Also, people with similar pony avatars doesn't help differentiate people either, unless I have already met your in person or have interacted with you outside of the forum on a regular basis.
  • Also, people with similar pony avatars doesn't help differentiate people either, unless I have already met your in person or have interacted with you outside of the forum on a regular basis.
    I am totally fine with being relatively anon.
  • VIVA LE RESISTANCE!
  • "Linkigi seems to be on a 'getting offended about everything' kick."
    Hey! That's offensive to me!

I kid, I kid. I've just noticed the problems I generally have with nerds on the Internet more than usual on this forum over the past few weeks.
    When did you take my place?

• The lack of anime discussion lately has made me sadface.
  • This thread is now about my genitals. Everybody reading is hungry now.
  • When did you take my place?
    Weird, isn't it? It's because my closest friends at Columbia are radical feminists.

Also, thanks, forum, for helping me stay awesome. And argue in a generally polite and constructive manner.
    This thread is now about my genitals. Everybody reading is hungry now.
    ...But some things never change.
  • It's because my closest friends at Columbia are radical feminists.
    DRINK.

• This thread is now about my genitals. Everybody reading is hungry now.
    Evidently, it's actually about the forum's genitals and the forum abusing them.

YES.
    ^_^

DRINK.
    All day, every day.
    DRINK.
    All day, every day.
    Never stop.
  • Forum needs more ____________.
  • edited February 2012
    Forum needs more ____________.
    _________
    | |
    | /|\
    | / \
    |
    |

Edit: Well that did not turn out right.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • If you put it in a <code> tag, it looks a little better:
    _________
    | |
    | /|\
    | / \
    |
    |

• If you put it in a <code> tag, it looks a little better:
    _________
    | |
    | /|\
    | / \
    |
    |

Not on my iPhone.
  • edited March 2012

_________
    | |
    | /|\
    | / \
    |
    |

Edit: Well that did not turn out right.
    Suicide never ends right.

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I want individual forum threads for every podcast episode again.
    Yeah, whatever happened to Mr. Period?
    Upgrading to Vanilla 2 broke the code that automatically made the posts. I have to write some code to make it happen again.
  • For an expert like you it should take minutes.