This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FRC Daytrip

edited March 2012 in Everything Else
I am thinking about making a day trip to the Smithsonian American Art Museum (SAAM) for Game Fest! on March 17th. Would anyone in here be willing to carpool/meet up for a day out at a museum?

Comments

• It appears that I may be able to take a 3 day weekend in DC to check out the exhibit with some game designers. Anyone still interested in this?
  • I would be if I still lived there. Maybe you could come visit me in Owensboro, KY and we could eat at the Moonlite Barbeque.
  • I might use this as a date idea...
  • I'm up in NYC, but I recommend you check out Ben's Chili Bowl. Viga told me about it a while ago, and it's definitely some of the best chili I've ever had.
    Eating with Granpa Joe at the Moonlite Barbeque? Do you usually have weird dates?
    Eating with Granpa Joe at the Moonlite Barbeque? Do you usually have weird dates?
    I usually have no dates...
    I usually have no dates...
    That's certainly weird.
  • Hey, I'm in. I mean, its in my city. hopefully I don't have to work. I want to at least grab a bite with you, Coldguy!
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2012
    Hey, I'm in. I mean, its in my city. hopefully I don't have to work. I want to at least grab a bite with you, Coldguy!
    Maybe I'll come along too! I might not if either A): I have lots of homework or studying to do or B): Some other conflicting event comes up.

Post edited by Geo on
  • @Joe: You're almost a Hoosier!
  • Right now I am talking with a few IGDA people that are thinking about getting a room and making it a 3 day weekend, won't know the nitty gritty until tomorrow, so stay tuned.
  • edited March 2012
    I'm going to DC the following weekend for http://www.reasonrally.org/ THE RALLY FOR REASON!

Is that game fest going on the following week? Because this would be the Cherry Blossom festival, Reason Rally and video games oh my poor heart :-p
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Looks like it is confirmed, going with 2 other people for the 3 day weekend, they already have the hotel booked, anyone want in?
  • Things are getting more interesting, we may hook up with some DC IGDA members as well as a few private events off of the beaten path.