This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

World of Tanks

edited March 2012 in Video Games
I must bring this game to your attention! It's slower paced than most of the shooters that are beloved by this forum, but makes up for it with increased emphasis on strategy, accurate gunnery skills, and patience.

It is free to play, but not pay to win from what I've seen.

Comments

• Here is a formal review of WoT.
  • The game can be very fun, however the progression takes forever and wallet warriors have such an advantage that it hurts. Tactics can easily win out ultimately, however in direct confrontations it can be a massive pain...
  • edited March 2012
    Appropriate again:

Post edited by Churba on
  • edited March 2012
    I was intrigued by the trailer (and the voice, ahum, acting), but "Wallet Warriors"? Seriously.

EDIT: Fuck. FOR THE EMPRAH.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • That's not a tank, it's an IFV :/
  • That's not a tank, it's an IFV :/
    I know. It was a quick job to cheer up Axel, and it was easier to do that one, rather than a proper tank, thanks to the big flat front of it, no need to fuck with perspective or anything.

• Actually, upon further research, the Scimitar is actually considered a Recon Vehicle/Light Tank. IFVs require some sort of infantry carrying capability. However, it's mounted with a 30mm autocannon so it crosses this bizarre Recce/Armored Car/Tank classification.
  • Goddamnit, England, way to confuse the issue.
  • edited March 2012
    WHO CARES. NOW HE'S A TANK. WEEEEEEEEEEEEE~
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • The game can be very fun, however the progression takes forever and wallet warriors have such an advantage that it hurts.
    Nah, even if you do buy a high-tier tank with real money, you can only face off against other high-tier tanks. And if you didn't work to get that tank, then those guys will probably wipe the floor with you.

But the progression is a bit slow. Iv'e been going on the M3 Lee for a week now, with the Sherman still a distant dot on the horizon.
  • After playing the game for a month or so constantly, I only got to a KV-1S, with the progression to the IS laughing hysterically at me. The game really slows down to a crawl in progression once tier 5 and 6 hit, small miscalculations and risks really hurt your progress, and even premium doesn't help too much.