This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Massachusetts-area get together/gaming event

Comments

• Should we assume that Constantine speaks for the entire TVH family?
  • I can guarantee at least two and probably three of the TvH's. We can do this at our house in Brighton or go to Plainville or anywhere else.
  • If you've got a place picked, let us know.
  • If it's in the city, I'm going to be late. If it's in Plainville, I'm going to need a ride. <.<
  • edited April 2012
    I'm in for Sunday for anywhere T accessible.
    Post edited by Ikatono on
  • OK, Battle Ground has two CCG tourneys on Sunday. So let's do it at our place in Brighton. Noon? I'm messaging the address to OK, Neito and Ikatono. Anyone else want to come send me a msg.
  • I'm driving in Sunday. If anyone can't get there directly, I can pick 2-3 people up if they need a ride. However that would require getting as close as possible first though.
  • Had a wicked good time with Magnus and Ikatono. Played ticket to ride, cash n guns, bohnanza, dominion and can't stop. Laughed a lot. We're looking to do this again on a Sunday in May.
  • That would be great. The meetup was awesome.
  • The meetup was really fun and I'm excited to do it again. For me, it will have to be either the 20th or 27th since I have finals next week to study for and the 13th is mother's day.
  • edited April 2012
    As the 27th is the holiday weekend, I say let's do it the 20th. Discussion?
    Post edited by Constantine on
  • As the 27th is the holiday weekend, I say let's do it the 20th. Discussion?
    That sounds good to me.
    An unusual route. I'm just sayin.
  • An unusual route. I'm just sayin.
    I don't know, looks like an amazing route to me.
  • Airline routes are actually often patterned that way for much the same reason they are in that game. The "rules" and utility of the airline industry encourage behavior contrary to actual efficiency or common sense.
  • Can we all agree that we're not going to mention magnus schooling us at Dominion by 20 pts? Agreed? Also, Ikatono's definition of "embargo" would do Henry Kissinger proud.
  • Also, Ikatono's definition of "embargo" would do Henry Kissinger proud.
    You still lost.
  • Airline routes are actually often patterned that way for much the same reason they are in that game. The "rules" and utility of the airline industry encourage behavior contrary to actual efficiency or common sense.
    That, and the outdated air traffic control system.

• Are we still hoping to meet up on the 20th? or is the next meetup date up in the air?
  • Greg and I can do the 20th. Anyone else?
  • I would totally be down to do these if all of you didn't live an hour and a half away from where I'm from/ I wasn't working on the same day.
  • Sorry to reply again so late, but I'd still be willing to go if you guys still want to do it, if not, well then until next time!
  • We're throwing a 50th birthday party for Constantine on October 13, from 2pm through sometime in the evening. We'll be setting up tables all over the house and playing all sorts of games.

All of you are welcome to join us! If you want to be added to the evite send me your email address, or PM me for our address in Boston. We're a moderate walk from the subway, and one block from the bus.
  • I'd be there for sure if I weren't at RIT.
  • I know we only got to meet once, but I'm going to miss you :(
  • We get a strangely long Thanksgiving break, so maybe we can meet up or something.
  • I might be able to make this one. I can hop on the train across campus, and Saturday the trains run early. It pretty much just depends on my cash reserves in a month.

If I come, should I bring some of my games? I've got some good party games, and some good "hardercore" games.
  • I think my wife is working, but if she's not, Sarah and I may be able to make it if we're invited. I'd love to play geek games again.
  • If I come, should I bring some of my games? I've got some good party games, and some good "hardercore" games.
    You are certainly welcome to bring games ... I own a couple myself so shoot me an email with what you want to bring and I'll let you know if it's already here.

Muppet: All of you are welcome to join us!