This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I hate doing this

edited October 2006 in GeekNights
Those of you who listen to the show, that being all of you, know that we generally frown on dishonest promotion. We don't advertise. We were reluctant to make promos. We don't ask for votes on Podcast Alley. We generally rely on "honest" methods of self-promotion to attract new listeners such as convention flyers and word of mouth.

This is the only time I am going to make an exception to this rule. There is a new website named PopCurrent which is aiming to be the Digg of podcasts and other Internet media. I want to see how popular this site is. I want to see if their system can be gamed. And yes, in the event this site suddenly becomes popular, I want to ride the wave. Most of all, this site specifically invites people to post the following on their sites to promote themselves. It is specifically designed for shameless self promotion. So, for the only time ever, I will ask you to visit this link and "Pop It!"

Comments