This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

This is funny, a lot stupid, and a few other things

edited October 2006 in Politics
http://thinkprogress.org/2006/10/03/cbs-columbine/
I’m saddened and shaken by the shooting at an Amish school today, and last week’s school murders

When my son Dan was murdered on the sidewalk at Columbine High School on April 20, 1999, I hoped that would be the last school shooting. Since that day, I’ve tried to answer the question, “Why did this happen?”

This country is in a moral free-fall. For over two generations, the public school system has taught in a moral vacuum, expelling God from the school and from the government, replacing him with evolution, where the strong kill the weak, without moral consequences and life has no inherent value.

We teach there are no absolutes, no right or wrong. And I assure you the murder of innocent children is always wrong, including by abortion. Abortion has diminished the value of children.

Suicide has become an acceptable action and has further emboldened these criminals. And we are seeing an epidemic increase in murder-suicide attacks on our children.

Sadly, our schools are not safe. In fact, we now witness that within our schools. Our children have become a target of terrorists from within the United States.
Why is he on tv? I'm guessing it's like you guys said today about making money.

Comments

• I don't share that view. I suspect that this is a person who is deeply saddened by what happened to his child, and wants to speak out to ensure that it never happens again. I don't think there is much more to it than that.

If your concern is why this person was put on the air by the television station, then I share your concern. I suspect that they could have found someone more neutral. It hints of exploitation.
  • Ahh! A creationist! RUN AWAY!
  • Well I guess this is one school shooting they can't blame on video games...
  • Well I guess this is one school shooting they can't blame on video games...
    I wouldn't be so sure. You never know how Jack Thompson can stretch things.
  • I'd love to see how he would try to stretch this to apply to video games. "The mere knowledge of the existence of these murder simulations was enough to drive even these peace loving farmers to murder."