This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 060925 - “Free” Software Licenses

edited October 2006 in GeekNights
GeekNights 060925 - “Free” Software Licenses

Quick question on this epiosode. Was there a mp3 recorded for this day or was it scrapped for another reason? If scrapped I would like to recomend more episodes like this.

http://www.frontrowcrew.com/?p=218

Comments

• Yes there was a mp3 for that day. I'm not sure why it is not available on the site. I just checked and it is still available though iTunes...I hope that helps.
  • edited October 2006
    Well it does in the sence i know there was an episode for that day. On the other hand I dont have itunes or a ipod :D

Wasn't there some discussion about having the special episodes for the ipod video that shows pictures?
    Post edited by Alan on
  • Well you don't need an iPod...you can download though iTunes (which itself is a free download) and copy the file anywhere. If you don't have windows or mac os see if you can get a friend to download the episode for you and burn the mp3 to a cd or something.
  • Yeah thanks for the help I will probably just download itunes seems easier of the 2.
  • No problem. It was a pretty good episode if I remember correctly.
  • Ok, you people obviously don't know how to use the Internets. Did you notice how in every single podcast post on frontrowcrew.com the word GeekNights is linkified? Every post starts with "Tonight on GeekNights". That word GeekNights links to the mp3. The MP3 Download link on the side is just something extra we put in there to make it easy. Even if you didn't realize that, you should have been able to use your Firefox page info to find the link. Also, looking at the URLs of every other episode of GeekNights you should have been able to figure out the URL for that episode. You could have gone to feedburner or any podcast directory and found the link. Also, most of those podcast directories have flash players that would have let you listen to the episode.

I'm adding in the MP3 Download link now.

Learn to use your computer.
  • wow...I was just trying to help..I don't use the main page to download the episodes usually, i just confirmed the link wasn't there and knew how I found the episode. No need to get pissed.
  • wow...I was just trying to help..I don't use the main page to download the episodes usually, i just confirmed the link wasn't there and knew how I found the episode. No need to get pissed.
    I'm not pissed. Just surprised and informative.