This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Tuesday - FTL

12346»

Comments

• I don't HAVE to be an asshole I just tend to prefer it.
  • I don't HAVE to be an asshole I just tend to prefer it.
    Hey, I like you being an asshole. There is nothing wrong with being an asshole. I was merely making observations.
  • SLUG SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP! (get)
  • I actually just listened to this podcast today, and I think it's confirmed - Scott just sucks at FTL.
  • He is improving! At the time of the podcast, however, he did suck at the FTLs.
  • He still hasn't beaten it though.
  • Note that I never said if he still sucks or jot. I merely stated inprovement. ;-)

• You just reminded me how much that movie sucked.
  • Slug ship evades me again. This time I couldn't disable the interceptors engines in time. That's so mega-fail. It was a brutal run with me never getting enough firepower to actually damage ships and my boarding party was too weak to apparently kill the engines fast enough (and they wouldn't have had any luck on the pilot slot since they would have been slowed down by the fighting).
  • Also as I was going to sleep last night I remembered that all I needed to do was board the godamn pilot spot (not because I'd win the fight, but because if the pilot is punching my guy in the face the ship generates no FTL drive anyway). Godamn.
  • Made it to the Final Boss with the Mantis Cruiser, lacked the fire power to get through its sheilds and was slowly destoryed. I had been waiting for missile launcher of any description but alass by 42 warheads of death remained inurt and usless.
  • When you're looking to disable a ship's FTL, always go for the pilot first. Unlike the engines, the bridge MUST be crewed for the FTL jump to work - And while engines can have up to eight power, the max you'll ever see the bridge have is three, typically less. Bringing the bridge to red then keeping a boarder there to prevent repairs is way easier that trying to keep the engines offlined.
  • Trust me, I'm aware of how the pilot spot works. But I was likely to lose the melee. I could have disabled them just as easily by putting my dudes in any box but the engines or o2 because the pilot would have become occupied instead of piloting. What caught me off guard was that there were 8 levels of engines on that thing and I couldn't take them down at-all.

Actually a (relatively minor) reason to get sensors 3... which would not have worked since that was a nebula sector...
  • Finally beat FTL with Torus!

I was playing on easy, of course, and got super lucky. Got a drone recovery arm and a scrap recovery arm super early in the game. Even better, the drone recovery arm was free. Used the ion gun and a halber bean as weapons. Had a pike beam and heavy laser, but didn't really use them. For drones I had so many hull repair and system repair drones, I sold all but one of each. Used hull repair between battles, now that I knew how. For battling I had two anti-ship and a defense mk 2. Got a third anti-ship late in the game, and used it against the boss instead of the defense. Had so much scrap that the ship was nearly maxed out at the end. Bought a stealth and maxed i tout right before going into the final battle I had so much scrap. It paid off, as I was able to use it two or three times to avoid some serious damage.
  • Torus is the easiest ship to win with. I just won with it literally a minute ago.
  • Finally beat FTL with Torus!
  • Accidentally posted in the, ya know, actual FTL thread. Reposting here....

Merely occupying the pilot doesn't appear to be enough. I had an away team on an enemy ship and the ship jumped away with them on it. Thankfully this was in Sector 1. #RestartedLikeABoss
  • 6066 point win. No slugship. Also if you're crystal ship in rock home sector you might get a free ride to crystal sector, but the sector you come out at the end isn't within your control so I missed the slug sector. Also crystal burst 2 dropped for me. Not bad. Not best.
  • I just played me some FTL's. Am I doing it right?