This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Karen Berger has Left DC... RIP Vertigo

edited December 2012 in Manga/Comics
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/karen-berger-leaves-vertigo.html

I just saw the news that Karen Berger, the Executive Editor and Senior Vice President of Vertigo since its inception, is leaving. This is devastating news for Vertigo, the independent imprint of DC comics that has put out titles such as Sandman, Preacher, Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, Y: the Last Man, Fables, the Unwritten, etc.

Vertigo has been my favorite comics publisher since I started reading comics. The loss of Berger, combined with other changes DC has made to Vertigo, does not bode well for the imprint's future. Hopefully, other companies like Image, Dark Horse, etc can pick up the slack of cutting-edge, amazing creator-owned comics.
Post edited by jabrams007 on

Comments

• Vertigo and Batman is the only worth while thing DC does these days.
  • All the major Vertigo series ended years ago. Fables, Unwritten, and Sweet Tooth are the only big ones left that matter. Sweet Tooth and Unwritten don't seem like they will go forever like Fables will. Hellblazer even finally ended. Lots of Vertigo characters have been moved over to DC. Either they'll have someone else take it over, or phase it out. Fables will maybe have a DC logo on it in the not too distant future?
  • Fables, Unwritten, and Sweet Tooth are the only big ones left that matter.
    I dunno, Fairest hasn't been too bad so far.

That's technically Fables.

That's technically Fables.
    Scott, don't play like you don't know what a Spin-off is. I know you do.