This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

2012 was the Year of...

2»

Comments

• Pacman uncontrollably guzzling cum.
    The Buddha nature.
    Bees?
    A bigger, blacker dick.
    Being balls deep in pig manure firing an AK-47 into the air.
    A mime having a stroke.
    Transman Nuns with Dildo Guns.
  • Happy new years, you guys.

UTC. date just passed, btw.
  • This was the year of people loving terrible movies. Avengers and Dark Knight Rises, I'm looking at both of you. Horrible movies that I was forced to watch far too many times because people kept running them in the big TVs at work.
  • Avengers ...Horrible movies

I can get saying that it's not the end-all-be-all of cinema like some nerds want it to be, but it's far from a terrible movie.
  • Agreed. Both of those movies were not the best ever, even (dare I say) overrated, but they were also far from horrible. Please to not be diluting the meaning of words, kthx.
  • 10 cons, great animated films, several months of depression and somehow I found my cutie mark.
  • Finding minor fame, an audience, and a sure sense of self and direction.
  • Me saying one of the most horrible things I've ever said on a recording - "I'll show you the back of my magic van, Ms Frizzle!"
  • This was the year of people loving terrible movies. Avengers and Dark Knight Rises, I'm looking at both of you. Horrible movies that I was forced to watch far too many times because people kept running them in the big TVs at work.
    This was a year of terrible hyperbole.
  • edited January 2013
    2012 was the year of "SHIT, NOW WHAT?"
    Post edited by Walker on

• 2012 was the year of...

Juggling, crossing the Atlantic 12 times (5 by sea, 7 by air), missing my girlfriend, 5 weeks in Africa, improving in photography, performing music and comedy in Berlin, editing Star Wars, working on new material for my show, writing about the Bible, fun summer travels, meeting friends, composing the Groundhog Day concept album, 3 trips to Italy with Juliane, the EJC in Poland, trying not to be too productive, Kansas City (once) and New York City (twice), a friend departed and all I learned from him, 11 new countries visited (bringing my lifetime total to 112), lots of reading ebooks and listening to audiobooks, Christmas cruise with Juliane, and posting stuff on the internet.

• 2012 was the year of...

Juggling, crossing the Atlantic 12 times (5 by sea, 7 by air), missing my girlfriend, 5 weeks in Africa, improving in photography, performing music and comedy in Berlin, editing Star Wars, working on new material for my show, writing about the Bible, fun summer travels, meeting friends, composing the Groundhog Day concept album, 3 trips to Italy with Juliane, the EJC in Poland, trying not to be too productive, Kansas City (once) and New York City (twice), a friend departed and all I learned from him, 11 new countries visited (bringing my lifetime total to 112), lots of reading ebooks and listening to audiobooks, Christmas cruise with Juliane, and posting stuff on the internet.
    You're the person I aspire to become someday. *kowtows*

Although mostly the lifetime 112 countries visited.

This was a year of terrible hyperbole.
    Fair enough, my hatred is exaggerated by the constant praise I heard for these movies and having to see them and hear them on a basically daily basis. I do expect more out of movies that are mega blockbusters with universal praise than I got out of those two. I apologize.

• For me at least it was a year of ruining my body in stupid ways that really shouldn't have happend. I also went on holiday which was nice.
  • Fuck super hero movies.
  • Visiting 11 countries. Making some amazing friends (some of my best ever, in fact), dumping some not-so-amazing ones. Treating my depression and rediscovering emotions. Figuring out what I want to do with the rest of my life, and being content with the way I'm living.

Your move, 2013. 2012 was my best year yet.
  • I am just waiting for 2014, in the mean time I will just enjoy the heck out of 2013 :P