This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Tuesday - MAGFest 11 and Three Board Games

2»

Comments

• Oh, the full set in high quality. Hooray! All the other videos were lacking in quality.
  • I enjoy Core Worlds a lot, but the expansion really raises the game to the next level and improves it so much.
  • Hmmm... I see no mention in the rules of Glory to Rome of any restrictions on the number of foundations under construction at a time on the same kind of site...
  • edited January 2013
    I they limited it to only one type of foundation at a time. So one Stone, one brick,,,

EDIT: I don't have the rules on hand.
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • I they limited it to only one type of foundation at a time. So one Stone, one brick,,,

EDIT: I don't have the rules on hand.
    They limit by foundation name. The foundation is an unfinished building, laid on a site

• Hmmm... I see no mention in the rules of Glory to Rome of any restrictions on the number of foundations under construction at a time on the same kind of site...
    So you've played with the correct rules now, right? How did the game differ? Or not enough data?

• So you've played with the correct rules now, right? How did the game differ? Or not enough data?
    I've won every game I've ever played since.

The sites for stone and brick disappear SO FAST. Getting the buildings you want to build out of your hand and on the table early is CRITICAL, so you're more forced to try to do something with the buildings in your first few hands.

Out of town sites get used frequently.

Stealth catacomb is much harder to pull off.

Vaulting happens later in most games.