This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Steven Universe (and general Cartoon Network chat)

Comments

• DAMN IT.

I mean, I KNOW why it's at Comic Con (Because it's Comic Con) But can't they do something like this here in LA too?

The gremlin is strong in this one.
  • At the first shot of Greg's new car, I asked "Is this going to be an Initial D episode?"

It was more than I could possibly imagine.
  • At the first shot of Greg's new car, I asked "Is this going to be an Initial D episode?"

It was more than I could possibly imagine.

When you see Greg's car, you wonder. When you see Kevin's car, you KNOW.
  • Glad we've been back in Beach City for a bit.
  • SC's jerk dad should have plugged Avocado Margarita's instead. Guac soda is just dumb.
  • Teased it on my Pateron, now it's done!
  • don't remember if anyone linked this sweet fight scene already or not
  • edited July 2016
    The August portion of Summer of Steven.

August 4 will be a half-hour episode.
    EDIT: And August 5-9 will be three parts.
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Well, if that wasn't representative of an abusive relationship, I don't know what it.
  • Mr. Greg made my house awfully dusty.
  • Mr. Greg made my house awfully dusty.

Whoa, you are behind.
  • It's over isn't it?
  • edited July 2016
    Rym said:

It's over isn't it?

*looks seven posts ago*
    *does not sing. does not sing....*

*sings*
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • There's been a lot of fan discussion looking forward to Jasper having a redemption arc...but part of me doesn't want that to happen. I don't think she's been shown to be an interesting character yet and it's almost feeling predictable to make any upcoming gem antagonist into a possible hero.

The new episode is great and does make a great discussion about toxic relationships. But the argument of Lapis abusing Jasper is kind of odd when you could flip it the other way around. Do the origins of Lapis controlling her to keep Steven safe make it work? I don't have problems with this at all because the writing is so tremendous and could take it well in any direction, but I do wonder what keeps people so interested in Jasper.
  • She was the big bad in the series' first major conflict with a distinct style and philosophy that positioned her as diametrically opposed to Garnet and many of the other characters. Now she's been brought low and that's interesting to people.
  • Sudden schedule update (from CN's own site): There won't be a new episode on August 5. To make up for it, two new episodes will air on August 8.
  • I just realized that Ronaldo's Girlfriend from Food Wars is the ticket-taker from Lion 2: The Movie.
  • I never realized Kiki and Jenny were twins and I always thought Kiki was the older sister too.
  • Food Wars was weak, but then "Ohime-sama" made up for it all.
  • "You really are.... better than her"
  • Neito said:

"You really are.... better than her"

*POOF*
  • edited August 2016
    "I don't know. Same joke twice?"
    "Well, it'll be really funny if she does it a third time."
    OH NO IT WAS NOT
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I wonder how terrible Bismuth's idea really was... Diamonds will likely not bubble easily.
  • Moops.

I'm a moops teacher now.

Moops.
  • edited August 2016
    Toliet moops piece was lovely. Also that was an awesome two parter.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • I thought she called them meepmorps, or just morps. Sounds good to me. My meepmorps degree is super useful...
  • And I'm in for a very long 24 hours...
  • SWATrous said:

I thought she called them meepmorps, or just morps. Sounds good to me. My meepmorps degree is super useful...

I prefer meeps.