This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Bromance simulator aka Fire Emblem Awakening

edited February 2013 in Video Games
Who doth have the game? My friend code is 1864-8422-9912 and Donnel is best

http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/107255/i-have-to-restart-fire-emblem-awakening-because-of-donnel/

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Like 90% sure I'm buying it today so 2621-2721-7406

Also girl Marth lolololol
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Not out in PAL territories until April. :(

I'll buy day and date of release.
  • My friends and I are debating on getting 3DS's so that we can play this damn game. Its dumb so dumb but we need it, like crack or good ham.
  • It has multiplayer now?
  • Like 90% sure I'm buying it today so 2621-2721-7406
    Added
    It has multiplayer now?
    yerp, haven't tried it yet.
  • edited February 2013
    Donnel, you useless piece of shit, can you take two steps without dying for once?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I tried the battle to recruit him like 10 times before someone suggested cornering an archer, which I hadn't thought of.
  • edited February 2013
    I was just careful to knock a guy down to just a few health so Donnel could killsteal. I also conveniently stacked him with Chrom to keep him alive.

Also, Stahl/Sully OTP. I fucking love cavaliers. Almost as much as Peg Knights.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • edited February 2013
    My strategy from the start was to corner archers for him to kill. But it didn't work out until after 4 or 5 tries. Either he would die or someone else would die. Finally got it, though.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I actually didn't have too much trouble with that mission. The one at the walls, though, I kept playing too riskily and lost people like eight times.

The difficulty curve on Hard has a really fast ramp-up - the early enemies are much closer to my characters' levels than I'm used to. I'm getting on to Chapter 6 or so now and I'm finally getting closer to the degree of ass-kicking I'm used to, mostly thanks to the Tactician's and Sumia's fucking ludicrous growth rates.
  • I tried having him run up and just get the killing blow but I would either kill people with my other units or would get my units killed. I finally just started tanking all the archers with Frederick since he basically never takes damage and cleared the other enemy units with my other guys then just surrounded them while no one was around.
  • edited February 2013
    This is my first Fire Emblem game, save for the Gamecube one which I didn't really get into, so I'm playing on Classic Normal. About to start Chapter 6 as well.

My Tactician isn't growing that fast, but Sully seems to level up several times a chapter even though she isn't really fighting any more than the other characters.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited February 2013
    (If you're using Frederick past Chapter 3, you're playing it wrong)
    (Because srsly, fuck XP hogs)

EDIT:
    Anyways, I'm really liking the game. The pair-up mechanics change the way the game plays wonderfully, and they took away the limit on number of supports per character, which means I don't have to carefully plan and spreadsheet out supports in advance. It's a godsend.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • edited February 2013
    Avatar/Miriel is my OTP, along with Chrom/Sumia, Virion/Sully, and Lissa/Vaike.

Also, totally started on Classic Hard and Chapter 11 is kicking my ass.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • edited February 2013
    (If you're using Frederick past Chapter 3, you're playing it wrong)
    (Because srsly, fuck XP hogs)

EDIT:
    Anyways, I'm really liking the game. The pair-up mechanics change the way the game plays wonderfully, and they took away the limit on number of supports per character, which means I don't have to carefully plan and spreadsheet out supports in advance. It's a godsend.
    I don't get why people keep saying this. You hardly get xp for attacking so he can whittle people down and others can take the killing blow. But better than that he can pull mobs with almost no worry. So you put him just past the frontline with all your units bordering the front line then on your turn you can just fuck them all up. He also does much better than other units at covering other units.

In the other games I think it was an unspoken rule that you don't use the graduated units because they don't scale well and you can screw yourself. But I'm pretty sure in this one there isn't limited encounters like the other games.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • The thing is, Frederick has a bad habit of getting kills whenever he's in combat, and he only gets like a third the XP of unpromoted units. Worse, having him on the field takes up a slot where you could be leveling somebody who will actually be useful in the late game.
  • Avatar/Miriel is my OTP, along with Chrom/Sumia, Virion/Sully, and Lissa/Vaike.

Doesn't having four OTPs defeat the whole idea of "OTP"?
  • EDIT:
    The pair-up mechanic is kind of what made me give this game a second look. Not only are you strategizing how to win a battle, but on top of that you're also planning out the relationships between your characters during that battle, which is really clever and adds an extra set of depth and engagement when all of a sudden you have little stories in your head about Sully and Kellam fighting together and falling in lurrrve~<3
  • Avatar/Miriel is my OTP, along with Chrom/Sumia, Virion/Sully, and Lissa/Vaike.

Not really (I think), I'm taking it as they are my one true pairing for each other.

Not if you're Mormon.

• I'm getting support ranks with Sully and Stahl, and their relationship seems to reflect one I have with one of my best friends to a degree that is frightening.