This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Global Richlist

2»

Comments

• if you know basic chemistry
    If.

• I was reading through the main site, and a little bit sad now that only 4% of people surveyed believed computer studies should be emphasized. Looks like it'll take some time for the public belief to change over there. Math, or the way it is taught anyway, is seriously overated.
  • What I am wondering is if the college degree is a causation or a correlation to better performance on the test? There is not a large variance in correct answers between some college and graduated college which makes me wonder if what we are seeing is that people who attend college at all are simply more interested in knowledge than those who do not pursue an education past high school.
  • There's also that none of the questions were anything you wouldn't have the opportunity to learn before college.
  • But the people who would go into college were more prone to learning such things at a young age.
  • "Our servers are currently overloaded." Is that some weird sciency term for "you failed"?
  • I am apparently in the top 7% of rich people in the world.
  • I am apparently in the top 7% of rich people in the world.
    if you make more than $10K a year you are In the top 18%.

• edited April 2013
    apparently in terms of wealth I'm in the top 3.25% nice!
    Household income is in the 0.08 but I think this isn't counting household income.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Approximately 0.08% ish. Is that really right? I think I did it wrong.
  • I probably would have scored higher as a household if I counted the benefits and such.. I just took gross income for the household.
  • I was surprised that i scored in the top .9% on income, but then I realized that I entered my gross income and not my net. I came in at in the top 1.32%. Scored much lower on wealth though, I really need to invest more.

• Subtracting my current debt from current wealth, I'm not doing the best, and I don't even have a lot of debt.
  • Approximately 0.08% ish. Is that really right? I think I did it wrong.
    Well its going by global wealth, not by American. There's a lot of African villages that have mud huts and nothing else while even poor Americans have food and running water.
  • What I think is interesting is that going one route, I'm in the top 0.24%, whereas the other route, I'm in the top 62.27% because I don't have a house, very few investments, and a bunch of debt. Seems like if you really want accuracy, you need to ask for more info.
  • I received a perfect score on the science and technology test, and I am baffled at how people can get some of them wrong. As for the richlist I came in at 1.66% on income and 31.38% for wealth.
  • I am baffled at how people can get some of them wrong
    Trolls. Kids. Republicans. English majors. trollface.jpg
  • I am baffled at how people can get some of them wrong
    Trolls. Kids. Republicans. English majors. trollface.jpg
    Not native English speakers who haven't even heard of the term fracking.

• Got 11 out of 13 because I misread "rusting" as "rustling" and didn't think nitrogen was that common. I am curious what social demographics this is reaching. It breaks down by percentage, but not how much of the total population of survey takers the demographics are.
  • Are rustling nails a common thing where you come from?
  • BRO DO U EVEN RUST?
  • edited April 2013
    Are rustling nails a common thing where you come from?
    It's like having your jimmies rustled methinks.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Are rustling nails a common thing where you come from?
    It's the official sport of the state of Massachusetts.
  • edited April 2013
    Are rustling nails a common thing where you come from?
    Well, there was that shrapnel bomb. #tooearly
    Post edited by no fun girl on