This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The deathnote anime.

edited October 2006 in Everything Else
Well I watched the first episode and it was kick ass, it's execute almost like the manga expect a few line switches and light saying he wanted to become a god.

Comments

• I thought the first episode was great, and I have to say that I think it is up to par with the manga.
  • I thought it was pretty good although the one thing that bothered me was Light's voice was deeper than I would have liked.
  • edited October 2006
    Well, he is in college.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • He's still in high school in episode one.
  • Well he a senior and he's about to go to college.
  • In Japan you don't just GO to college. You have to take crazy test to determine weather or not you are worthy enough to go to college.
  • Don't they have crazy tests for high school as well?
  • Yup...people cry and cry.
  • Well, we finally watched it last night with Alex. It has a lot of promise. So far, the balance of fanservice for the manga fans and allowances/adaptations for an animated version of the story is quite good. I don't think we'll be disappointed.
  • I liked it a great deal. I think the best scene was where Light starts whacking people to the orchestral music. Very well done.
  • Yeah the orchestra went well with the mood.
  • I liked it a great deal. I think the best scene was where Light starts whacking people to the orchestral music. Very well done.
    Indeed. They managed to take something that should, by all rights, look ridiculous (wildly dramatic writing, of all things!) and animate it with style and to good effect.