This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

SaltyBet

Comments

• edited August 2013
    I just lost $300 on the wrong side of a 100:1 upset - Gold Warmachine beat Sakura (puzzle fighter).

Then $200 more on the wrong side of 6.4:1 on Sentry vs Cell.

Gah!
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited August 2013
    Fuck yeah! I just hit the jackpot - $4426 salty bucks in the bank!

I bet $100 on Ooze-O against Orochi Akuma, and Ooze-O won it at 40:1 against. It was super close, and it came down to the fifth round at 2-2, but the odds made it so very sweet. I figured the crowd would overrate the Akuma just because he was an Akuma, and I was right.

Next round I won with Rhino agasint Kohaku with a $50 bet at 16.9:1 against, getting me another $844. That match also went to the 5th round, although the match was a bit less entertaining because they were pretty bad fighters.

The one after that was Beast vs Mephisto, which once again went to the 5th round. This time I bet $500 on Beast and lost, but given the 10:1 odds I'd probably make the same bet again.

Those were probably the best three consecutive matches I've ever seen on Salty Bet.
  • Lately I find it too choppy to watch.
  • edited August 2013
    480p+ cuts out for me, but medium is watchable.
  • Fuckit, I'm throwing 100 into every bet.
  • edited August 2013
    Yeah. Given that your money has a lower limit (probably $15+), and it's pretty easy to get back into the hundreds, there is little reason to bet less than $50 or so.
  • Well, that burnt through my money pretty quickly. See what it's like coming back from the mines.
  • edited August 2013
    Finally crawled out of the salt mines. $500 so far.
    Annnnd it's gone. Lost it all on Carnage vs. Neodio.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited August 2013
    I almost bet $1000 on Carnage, but fortunately it timed out before my money went through. I still lost $1000 on Cell Jr vs Megaman, though.
  • I lost on that one too. I though red megaman was fake.
  • edited August 2013
    Whew. Gohan Zeta just took Roa to a fifth round at 10:1 against, and I had $1000 on Roa.

That will teach me to be more wary of the power of the Mexibeam, I think. Fortunately I didn't have to learn that the hard way.
  • I lost on that one too. I though red megaman was fake.
    That's probably just the Player 2 colors. Player 2 always uses alt coloring.
  • edited August 2013
    Oh wow, Beast vs Jackal was a great match. I just won $1483 off a $1000 bet on Beast too.

Beast and Jackal are both really fun to watch.

Ubu vs Super-8 was awesome as well; I won $835 but I had to bet $2000 and I was sweating it.
  • Buckets ftw.
  • edited August 2013
    That one had me worried. I had $3000 on the bucket, and I came so close to losing it.

Aeris vs Itachi was utterly hilarious, though. I just won $1390 on it and now I have $11306.

And now Ninja Megazord vs Ikki is epic stuff. I have $3000 on Ninja Megazord, and it's going to the fifth round. Update: YES! I'm up to $16011
  • edited August 2013
    I went all in on the bucket and I was worried too. I prepared a draft of "Why the fuck did I go all in on a kid in a bucket" on the forum.

I wish I had the courage to bet more on upsets.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Ninja Megazord's defense was the stuff of legend.
  • edited August 2013
    I decided I couldn't not bet on someone named "Ninja Megazord."

Damn. I lost $50 on CV Wakamoto (MSPaint).
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited August 2013
    CV Wakamoto, you are my hero.
    EDIT: NOOOOOOO! You had that one in the bag, Wakamoto!
  • I was surprised so many people bet against him but it looks like they were right.
  • edited August 2013
    I'd bet on Wakamoto again at those odds.

Shit, I lost $3000 on Terry against Jill, and then $2000 on Rajaamaki against Dan. Now I'm back down to $5641.

So sad.
  • I lost everything on Rajaamaki.
  • You guys are entertaining enough that I don't actually need to play or watch myself. Thanks!
  • edited August 2013
    A different MSPaint character has redeemed the group after that Wakamoto fail.

That Popeye match had me worried.

Goku Nex should be renamed Goku Mex.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited August 2013
    I had a little bit of cash against Popeye; it was definitely quite close.

I can't believe Terry is beating Yellow Devil after losing to Jill... I have $3000, which is half my cash, riding on Yellow Devil.

INSTAKILL as soon as the 5th round started. Whew, that one really had me worried.

Oh my, now Taki vs Guile is close. 5th round again, and I have $1000 on Taki.
    FUCK! She almost pulled off a clutch victory, but it wasn't to be.
  • edited August 2013
    I lost everything again on Taki vs. Guile.

How'd you get so much salt? Donovan vs Beast? The most I ever had was 819.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited August 2013
    I already posted on the last page about how I got into the thousands - Ooze-O vs Orochi Akuma. That was the biggest step, then I got to 16K from a few solid wins, but I'm currently back down at $6K.

I know I shouldn't have bet $1000 on Sinki against Terry, but it looks like I might not have to pay the price now. I really hate Terry.

YES! Fuck you Terry, ever since you lost me $3000 against Jill you are my sworn enemy. I might still bet on you against someone really bad, but I won't enjoy it.
  • Bubble-Waifu ftw.
  • edited August 2013
    I can't believe Pan is losing to 98.
    She's winning now, but I'm worried for my $3000. 98 is definitely not as bad as I thought.
  • edited August 2013
    I bet on 98.

Edit: Wait, nvm.
    Post edited by Pegu on