This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2014

Comments

• Welp, grabbing individual days then.
  • How can that be Rym I just got one just now :-p
  • Oh just an FYI, the Westin, Seaport and Renaissance all come up sold out.
  • The page says they are gone, so yeah. 45 minutes and gone.
    I wonder what percent was scalpers?
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2013
    I think I might have gotten one of the last ones because I ordered it for one of my friends 2 minutes before Rym alerted us.
    The page says they are gone, so yeah. 45 minutes and gone.
    I wonder what percent was scalpers?
    Half?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • 3days are sold out.
    My housemate sees that on his computer but I saw them as available on mine and am currently in queue for one.
  • The queue is probably taking up all the remaining tickets.
  • 3days are sold out.
    Hey, can someone pick up that phone?

Because I fucking called it.
  • And now the site doesn't work anymore. Awesome.
  • I backed out of the queue. Maybe I had one and just needed to wait? But I doubt it.
  • edited October 2013
    Oh just an FYI, the Westin, Seaport and Renaissance all come up sold out.
    feck.
    Post edited by Mamath on
  • The hotel system is a disaster.
  • edited October 2013
    Yeah, so, no tickets for me. I hope this megabooth thing works out, cuz I won't have tickets otherwise. My friends are gonna have to get them from scalpers if they want them at all.

Fuckin' insane.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • I'm kind of annoyed that this page still says tickets aren't on sale:
    http://east.paxsite.com/static/registration.html?/registration
    If I hadn't sat there waiting for a half hour I would likely be higher up the queue.
  • Honestly, this really seems unfair. There are a lot of people at work who can't do this kind of thing while they're on the clock. I'm just lucky that I happened to be off today, or else I'd be among the screwed.
  • PAX forum is saying that the hotel reservations were open for a little while in the morning so a lot of bookings went through then. The closest five hotels are already booked out.

It's 3AM in Australia. I'm trying to decide if sleeping would be a foolish move at this point.
  • edited October 2013
    Hahahaha. I'm not laughing at you all, but the situation. I know this feeling all too well.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited October 2013
    I'll just stick to one frantic scrambling a year. Trying to go to East last year just ended in disaster and most of my friends are more interested in traveling abroad instead which I'm okay with.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • The hotel system is down. This is insane.
  • This all happened during Prime registration, however within 4 minutes 4 days were sold out.
  • I guess I'll just worry about MAGFest and GDC this upcoming year.
  • I got into that queue approximately 5 seconds after Khoo tweeted it out. Waited for only a few seconds, got 5 3-days, and immediately checked out. The next thing that pops up is a hotel booking board, which already showed Seaport as fucked, and sporadic availability at Westin.

Even most of the Enforcers has trouble nabbing Westin. I managed to get a double bed for Thurs-Tues so I consider myself lucky. Was going to go Seaport this year, but the family is joining again, so went Westin for convenience factor. I will miss awesome secret breakfast over by the Renaissance though. Perhaps I will take an early morning stroll if it's not too cold this year.
  • Debating a Saturday only visit, me and my kid.
  • Scalpers are a non-issue. There is no evidence that they are even a small fraction of the number of people who want to buy badges for themselves.
  • Many people just want to point to an easy enemy for all their frustration, and that thought grows so large (to so many more) that they'd take it as fact without a second thought.
  • Hmm. Interesting. We'll see how many go on sale.
  • I got in at the Langham hotel. Farther than I'd want to be, but not crazily so.
  • Well, I'm going to go to sleep. Hopefully I can sort something out tomorrow. /shrug

Perhaps someone more experienced can tell me - with the best hotels gone, is there much distinction between the other hotels?

I'm just happy to have a PAX ticket. :D I thought my chances were very slim and I honestly got lucky to be up with a migraine tonight and checking Twitter at exactly the right time. I can deal with finding somewhere to park my suitcase and butt later.
  • Mamath, not much, though some area easier walks then other especially dependent on the weather. My first year I was at the Hilton in the Financial district which was a long walk but it was very scenic, only issue was never really going back there.
  • Langham is the most likely place for me, too. It's not a bad walk, but it's across the bridge and it'll be a little cold out.