This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

First!

First post! First post!

SO FIRST. SO FORUM.

Comments

• Why is the sidebar on the left? Not to criticize the new forum layout, because I like the cleanliness, but having the sidebar on the left makes it look more crowded, imho.
  • Why is the sidebar on the left? Not to criticize the new forum layout, because I like the cleanliness, but having the sidebar on the left makes it look more crowded, imho.

That's just the way the theme is. Nothing I can do about it.
  • Interesting, I can't see who you approve Scott in your activity list, but I can see Rym's.
  • Cremlian said:

Interesting, I can't see who you approve Scott in your activity list, but I can see Rym's.

That sentence makes no sense.

• My history shows the individual users I approved for the forum. ;^)
  • edited October 2013
    Whatever, I already logged in, confirmed my email address, and left to get food before you guys showed up.
    Post edited by pence on
  • Nice try, but you'll have to do better than that.
  • Cool changeover done...

Hmm, I assume this forum theme has a nice personality.

(Actually, if you shrink your browser window until the sidebar disappears, I think you'll see it would look better without it.)
  • Apreche said:

Why is the sidebar on the left? Not to criticize the new forum layout, because I like the cleanliness, but having the sidebar on the left makes it look more crowded, imho.

That's just the way the theme is. Nothing I can do about it.
    I actually like the bar being on the left again, but it will take some getting used to. I think the harder part is going to be getting used to the lack of padding in each post. Also the location of the "quote".
  • Gah change! Must adjust.
  • The new search is activated.
  • Apreche said:

The new search is activated.

It's better, but still not as good as the v1 search, IMO. I just don't understand why it doesn't search for thread title before comments, and then order them by relevance.
  • I am neither first, nor last. I simply exist in the middle.
    *floats*
  • Apreche said:

The new search is activated.

It's better, but still not as good as the v1 search, IMO. I just don't understand why it doesn't search for thread title before comments, and then order them by relevance.
    Well, Vanilla wrote it, so ask them.
  • Mobile works OK. Woo.
  • The new theme's going to take some adjusting. Glad we have working search, though.
  • Mobile looking good.
  • Pretty. Ooh and rich editing, too.

Are the stats staying over on the right there? Given the way you guys love necroposting the shit out of everything, seems superfluous...
  • Aaaahhhh, things are different. @_@

I can do this. I can totally do this...
  • No more Ziggurats :(
  • Greg said:

No more Ziggurats :(

Actually if you enable the setting you can have Ziggurats all to yourself.
  • edited October 2013
    Coldguy said:

Greg said:

Noone said:

Noone said:

Noone said:

Noone said:

Noone said:

Noone said:

Noone said:

Noone said:

Noone said:

ZIGGURAT!

EDIT: holy crap, guys, the new Ziggurats look really cool. Check them out.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • In-joke does not compute.
  • New Ziggurat looks more like a hole, with it getting darker. Instead of raising to the heaves, it now plummets to the core of the conversation.
  • edited October 2013
    Greg said:

Coldguy said:

Greg said:

Noone said:

Noone said:

Noone said:

Noone said:

Noone said:

Noone said:

Noone said:

Noone said:

Noone said:

ZIGGURAT!

EDIT: holy crap, guys, the new Ziggurats look really cool. Check them out.
    I'm looking at that Ziggurat now, it's awesome. I also see that Vanilla continues to insert unnecessary line breaks after blockquotes.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • 2bfree said:

(Actually, if you shrink your browser window until the sidebar disappears, I think you'll see it would look better without it.)

For some reason, I thought you meant "zoom out". Everything got small and it didn't solve anything!
  • Speaking from the mobile site.

Not all new discussions are showing up as new. This very thread did not show me new notifications until after the first time I read it. Is this a feature or a bug?