This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What's a good VPN service these days?

Ipredator seems to be out of commission.

Comments

• I use hamachi but I hate it. I've been looking for an alternative for terraria (and now starbound) play.
  • edited December 2013
    You're talking about different kinds of VPN services here.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • TorrentFreak has a fairly recent list of non-shitty VPNs.
  • You're talking about different kinds of VPN services here.

I didn't look up what IPredator was but yes Hamachi is not a proxy network.
  • So, does anyone have any thoughts on Private Internet Access?

$40/year is pretty decent, and they appear to tick all of the boxes.
  • So, does anyone have any thoughts on Private Internet Access?

$40/year is pretty decent, and they appear to tick all of the boxes.

I have used and trusted IPredator. I never had issues with it. That being said, it's $90 a year. The only thing I have against Private Internet Access is the web site is a bit shady.
  • Vpnbook is pretty good for a free one and seems pretty legit, though you've always got to take "privacy" with a grain of salt with free ones especially. I've heard good things about private internet access though, I'm just too poor/cheap to pay for one right now. If torrents is a main reason you want one, justseed.it is worth a look. Its a seedbox, not a vpn but the bandwidth is super cheap and the download speeds are really good too. Plus, the way their server works if someone else has already downloaded the torrent you added it will just show up in your files, so it's really nice for popular torrents.
  • I was poking around at signing up for a VPN recently, and a friend recommended Express VPN. Any reason why I shouldn't trust it and go with IPreadator instead?