This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Wednesday - Wooser's Hand-to-Mouth Life

Tonight on GeekNights, we review Wooser's Hand-to-Mouth Life (うーさーのその日暮らし 覚醒編). It's pretty meh even as far as short anime go, but some of its other reviews are golden. We were going to talk about dog anime, but didn't. A new comic is coming that is SO UP OUR ALLEY: Snowpiercer. In the news, Anime Boston's 2014 rave ("informal dance") has been canceled. So was the 2013 rave. While it's likely due to politics in Boston and the admittedly minor incident at its 2012 rave, we think it's a good thing for the con: they should embrace dropping the rave and never look back.

There's a new episode of GeekNights Presents: Shoujo Kakumei Utena on the way, so be sure you're caught up!

Download MP3
Source Link

Comments

• As a DJ who still plays Anime music at dance events, I will have to agree with Rym. Just in case there comes a day when cons just simply stop having dances/raves, I am already setting up a back-up plan for the possible post-con dance era. So far, it's working out. :)
  • One of the main reason I simply do not mesh well with anime conventions IS that they all copy one other, at least with MAGFest there is ALWAYS an impromptu dance party in the corner of a hallway somewhere if you look hard enough.
  • Magfest is one hell of a 4 day party!
  • The raves/dances at most conventions are bad because of two things. At least one is always true.
    1. The crowd is made up of non-coordinated, smelly, and/or obtrusive people who are only their to rave and be annoying.
    2. The DJ(s) do(es) not play interesting or relevant music to the convention and bore everyone who doesn't just want to mindlessly fistpump to drum beats.

MAGFest fixes this by having actual interesting DJs, but you can only expect this because MAG is a music-themed convention. Other conventions with only a passing interest in music should drop the dances.
  • I love those impromptu dance parties in the hallways. Awkward white people dancing was the gift that kept on giving for me at MAGfest.
  • Jordan O. said:

I love those impromptu dance parties in the hallways. Awkward white people dancing was the gift that kept on giving for me at MAGfest.

Just the right amount of awesome hallway music. There was enough to get you pumped, but not too much to get in your way.

Also, by having official hallway DJs, it really increased the quality and pushed out any lame unofficial lameos.
  • edited January 2014
    Unfortunately, when the Snowpiercer movie comes to our shores, the movie is going to be edited to hell. It's been distributed by the Weinstein Company and Harvey Weinstein is notorious for editing down foreign films.

And I loooooove those sudden dance parties at MAGFest, especially between the two escalators and at the bottom next to the game/vendor entrance. I get to show people my splits and get to dance however I feel.
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • Nukerjsr said:

Unfortunately, when the Snowpiercer movie comes to our shores, the movie is going to be edited to hell. It's been distributed by the Weinstein Company and Harvey Weinstein is notorious for editing down foreign films.

And I loooooove those sudden dance parties at MAGFest, especially between the two escalators and at the bottom next to the game/vendor entrance. I get to show people my splits and get to dance however I feel.

The Internet shall provide.

• The biggest difference at MAGFest is that the concerts are CONCERTS, but have standing room/GA at the front. They're not raves or dances or anything else: they're concerts first and foremost.
  • Raves are fine when I'm drunk and don't give a shit about the subpar music that is playing. Concerts I'm actually excited to be there and dance around without being inebriated.
  • Finally had a chance to watch Wooser's. Very cute show. :)