This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Twitch Plays Pokemon

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Part 2 of that awesome comic came out:

Also this:

I definitely feel like TPP is very well-suited to material with a dark edge to it.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited February 2014
    Also, it has been a good day or so since the last Democracy. I'm hopeful we can stay strong and not relapse, but you never know what will happen when things get harder.

Also, this comic is heartwarming.
  • I dunno. I'm a real fan of the idea of the TPP Red being a robot. Mostly because robot Red is kinda cute.
  • edited February 2014

Also, it has been a good day or so since the last Democracy. I'm hopeful we can stay strong and not relapse, but you never know what will happen when things get harder.

Also, this comic is heartwarming.

And the sequel. Shorts Kid finally does something interesting!

Post edited by Nuri on
  • Wow, they're actually about to finish Pokémon Tower.

I kind of want to see how people react if Big Rat decides to dig before they get the flute.
  • Dig Rat - truly in the top percentage of Rattata.
  • 6d 05h 16m - Silph Scope acquired
    7d 23h 35m - Pokémon acquired

So, around 42 hours of time to finish the Pokémon Tower.
  • edited February 2014
    Quality arts of all of the Pokémon - except now they've caught a bunch of new ones in the Safari Zone.
  • That makes me want to go Twitch and spam "B".
  • I've been missing out on this recent internet phenom, but it's gotten so large that NPR is acknowledging it.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsidered/2014/02/19/279682262/heres-what-happens-when-thousdands-play-pokemon-together
  • I spammed anarchy for a while last night while I was editing the show. Democracy was too close to winning.
  • It seems people are too afeard of the Safari Zone to stick to Anarchy. The step count is definitely an issue, but I would have thought it was at least worthwhile to spend a good few days trying the Safari Zone first, so this is disappointing.

That said, at least for the moment anarchy is on its way back.
  • edited February 2014
    This totally gives me the chills:

• Too much democracy. Join me in spamming some anarchy.
  • Unfortunately the consensus fell pretty heavily that democracy was a necessity for the Safari Zone.

Eventually we would have run out of money and become unable to progress, and I'd prefer a little democracy over getting completely stock, but I think we really should have given it a few more more attempts on anarchy before giving up.
  • Unfortunately the consensus fell pretty heavily that democracy was a necessity for the Safari Zone.

Eventually we would have run out of money and become unable to progress, and I'd prefer a little democracy over getting completely stock, but I think we really should have given it a few more more attempts on anarchy before giving up.

Now that I remember how the Safari zone works, I sort of have to agree that it is unbeatable with Anarchy.
  • Blue stream was able to beat it (they are pure anarchy only), however they have a significantly smaller player count.
  • It was possible we would beat it with anarchy, just extremely unlikely. However, the sheer amount of awesomeness we would've gotten from beating it with anarchy was clearly worth more tries.

If I had dictatorial control over the anarchy/democracy meter I would have fixed it to force anarchy until there was only enough accessible money left in the game for another ~10 attempts of the Safari Zone, and then I would have allowed people to vote in democracy.

The current system is not robust enough; people are simply too weak-willed to commit to giving anarchy a solid chance with the system as it is now.
  • It was possible we would beat it with anarchy, just extremely unlikely. However, the sheer amount of awesomeness we would've gotten from beating it with anarchy was clearly worth more tries.

If I had dictatorial control over the anarchy/democracy meter I would have fixed it to force anarchy until there was only enough accessible money left in the game for another ~10 attempts of the Safari Zone, and then I would have allowed people to vote in democracy.

The current system is not robust enough; people are simply too weak-willed to commit to giving anarchy a solid chance with the system as it is now.

The anarchy vs. democracy should have never been added.
  • edited February 2014
    I don't mind it as a true last resort because it's better than running out of money and being stuck in the game, and it's better than cheating, but currently it happens much too often and much too easily.

On the whole, though, I agree with you; not having it at all is indeed better than the current system.
  • I spam democracy often.