This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• We have seen nothing more than a two minute trailer and I'm already Luftrausers-level hyped.
  • As somebody who basically did nothing in high school but play SMAC (and RA2) in class, yes.
  • Firaxis PLS.
    I'm only becoming proficient with Civ 5 with all the updates, so many game, little time, such trubble, so wow.
  • Sooooooooooooo... I've been fairly fanatical about consuming any and everything I can about this game. I think the most interesting bit I've seen was in todays live stream. It is apparently possible to win a Domination victory without ever sending a military unit into enemy territory. Yowza!
  • That seeding segment looks the business!
  • At first, I thought the game looked pretty empty. It looked more like a DLC mod than and actual stand alone game. And while it still kinda does, it looks like it is getting flushed out a little bit more into it's own game, which I'm happy for.
  • At first, I thought the game looked pretty empty. It looked more like a DLC mod than and actual stand alone game. And while it still kinda does, it looks like it is getting flushed out a little bit more into it's own game, which I'm happy for.

It's using the same engine so it does look a bit like Civ 5 but there is so much more stuff going on if the videos are to be believed.

• I'm still on fence about this game, but loving Civ V I'll end p getting it regardless, maybe if it goes on sale this winter.
  • Will anyone else be playing this day one? I have never played a multiplayer game of Civ that wasn't the board game in my life, but I'll be all up ins for a FRCF game.
  • The free soundtrack isn't unpacked in the install, find it here -

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\Resource\common
    It is in an unpacked form in the MiscData.fpk

If you don't have a program that can unpack it something like Dragon Unpacker -

All the files will have album art and metadata.

It is well worth it the soundtrack is an amazing 42 songs.