This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

You can't make a bananna pie! (wanna bet?)

I submit to all of you the following website:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,bananna_pie,FF.html

While many seem to be cheesecake or bananna cream varients, there is a bananna apple pie in there, as Scott suggested.

EDIT: Oh, and Rubharb sucks.

Comments

• Strawberry Rubarb pie is fucking AWESOME! Put a little vanilla icecream on top and you have yourself a meal.
  • Rubharb is the devil's vegetable. Or fruit. Weed. The devil's plant.
  • Put a little vanilla icecream on top and you have yourself a meal.
    Damn straight. Pie and ice cream, aka "grown-up breakfast" is perhaps the most wonderful thing ever.
  • edited October 2006
    Last Thanksgiving my fiance made Strawberry Rhubarb pie, my mom made Pumpkin pie and my aunt made Apple Cinnamon Raisin pie. I fit a slice of eat inside a bowl, topped them all with a nice hunk of vanilla ice cream and proceeded to have a very happy Thanksgiving. :) I haven't been thin since.
    Post edited by baltmatrix on
  • FYI: Today's pumpkins are primarily meant for decoration. Pumpkin pie almost always uses some type of winter squash, rather than actual pumpkins. The flesh of pumpkins is too stringy.
  • Rhubarb is delicious. In pie-form, it's extra delicious.

.... except according to Scott, who says it's damned hippie food.
  • Uh, hasn't anyone mentioned the fact that people are allowed to have opinions about the food they like?
    Aren't people allowed to like certain foods that others may determine "weird", or not like foods that are determined to be "mainstream"?
    If not... Pshh. Whatevs, dude.
  • Rhubarb is delicious. In pie-form, it's extra delicious.
    I would go so far as to say it is the King of Stems.
  • As an aside...

You can't bake ten banana pies!
  • Cream of wheat + brown sugar = tasty

Oh and as far as the carbonation of soda hurting you Scott, that is not the first time I have heard that. I had a roommate in college who could not drink soda for that very reason.
  • [obligatory]You can't make ten banana pies![/obligatory]