This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Zenkaikon 2014

Back from PAX East, we immediately turn around for Zenkaikon 2014 this weekend (April 26th and April 27th)! We will be there performing three live shows!

Anime Openers from Around the World

Saturday 10:00am Live 3 (Heritage C)

All Anime are the Same

Saturday 1:30pm Live 3 (Heritage C)

Bad Games

Sunday 10:30am Live 3 (Heritage C)

If you've found us from Zenkaikon itself, don't forget to check out our other show: GeekNights Presents Utena!

Source Link

Comments

• Convention is actually the 25th to the 27th, just because you don't have any panels on Friday (and you will only be there for Saturday and Sunday) doesn't mean Friday doesn't exist :-p
  • We're heading out there on the train this evening!
  • This was the year I got poisoned with food. I feel like Murphy is pointing a finger at me.
  • I have conventioned - did most of my conventioning solo on Friday morning then spent Saturday hanging out with people. I am somehow still good at DDR, though Rym's skill was purportedly higher than mine at the peak of his ability.

Apparently, all of Lancaster's best foods are desserts or things that are baked.
  • pence said:

Apparently, all of Lancaster's best foods are desserts or things that are baked.

Quite.
  • Tell us more of these fabled baked goods.
  • There were fresh donuts and average sandwiches on average bread. I wouldn't call anything I ate this past weekend special, however.

Apparently all of Lancaster's best foods are well outside of Lancaster in the surrounding only-get-there-by-car region...
  • Also, their foods are only accessible during certain hours, and almost nothing on Sunday at any time.
  • Rym said:

Apparently all of Lancaster's best foods are well outside of Lancaster in the surrounding only-get-there-by-car region...

I would've played chauffeur, but they didn't make it easy to come and go from the parking garage the way you can in National Harbor. Federal Taphouse was the best place we ate a full meal all weekend - it helped that I was really hungry by the time I got there.
  • Actually I take that back - the best meal in Lancaster is the one that lets you remove three cubes from the board.
  • In Lancaster, every coffee beverage I ordered automatically had sugar in it whether I asked for sugar or not...
  • I haven't been to Lancaster since a high school marching band trip, and you guys don't make me want to go back. I'm a hair over two hours away, and I've not been lured out there yet, even though the World Boardgaming Championships (lol at the name) are out there. It might be a cool event, but I get this sixth sense tingle that it'd be full of old man smell and "that guy."
  • Oh, the deli by the train station? Every piece of packaged food or drink I inspected was expired by several months. Most of it expired in 2013.
  • Overall, the food was totally fine. Anyplace you can get good beer on draft is already better than most of West Chester, which primarily caters to college students.
  • Cremlian said:

This place was glorious. http://fracturedprune.com/

It's pretty good, but not glorious. I put it behind the Shady Maple doughnuts from the market and even Top Pot.
  • I thought the fractured prune was really good because of how fresh the doughnuts were. Shady Maple would have been better, but their donuts had long since cooled to room temperature. The fractured prune breakfast sandwiches were pretty meh.
  • I thought the fractured prune was really good because of how fresh the doughnuts were. Shady Maple would have been better, but their donuts had long since cooled to room temperature. The fractured prune breakfast sandwiches were pretty meh.

The doughnut being fresh is nice, but because it was so warm it was more like a funnel cake than a doughnut.
  • Did you have the donut breakfast sandwich?
  • Rym said:

In Lancaster, every coffee beverage I ordered automatically had sugar in it whether I asked for sugar or not...

Same happens up here; "Regular" is Bostonian for "Cream and Sugar".
  • Cremlian said:

Did you have the donut breakfast sandwich?

I had a doughnut and a separate breakfast sandwich. The sandwich was below par.
  • The donut as a breakfast sandwich was good
  • Cremlian said:

The donut as a breakfast sandwich was good

The doughnut was good, the sandwich bits were very meh.
  • All of their non-doughnut ingredients were cheap and low-quality. Crappy delis in New York make better breakfast sandwiches, doughnut nonwithstanding.
  • If I were to do it again I'd skip the sandwich and double down on the doughnuts.
  • Go for a doughnut Double Down?
  • I gotta get to Shady maple one of these freaking times.