This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Tuesday - Ingress

2»

Comments

• Apparently the only locations more densely populated than downtown areas of cities are cemeteries.
  • ThatGent said:

Apparently the only locations more densely populated than downtown areas of cities are cemeteries.

Yeah if you live in generic suburbia, that's the only place with any landmarks of note.
  • My suburban town's civic center is loaded. Easily 10+ portals within the span of a few buildings. It's a crazy combination of art installations, revolutionary war markers, 9/11 memorial, dedication plaques for city gov't people, etc.

Outside of those buildings? The only portals for a few miles in any direction are churches.
  • My town's downtown area is packed with portals because of all of the street art they have on the side of the buildings. There are plenty of churches all over town, too. Problem is, I'm like the only guy in the area that plays. Upkeep on 20+ portals in one town? Ain't nobody got time for that.
  • My town's downtown area is packed with portals because of all of the street art they have on the side of the buildings. There are plenty of churches all over town, too. Problem is, I'm like the only guy in the area that plays. Upkeep on 20+ portals in one town? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Bardstown Rd. here is like that, portals on all the street art and "historic" shops. And the portals change hands quickly as it seems like a few guys just walk up and down all day and night.
  • So holding down the 'fire' button plays a mini timing game for bonus damage. It's enough to actually melt higher level resonators.
  • ThatGent said:

So holding down the 'fire' button plays a mini timing game for bonus damage. It's enough to actually melt higher level resonators.

!