This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX Prime 2014 Ticket Giveaway

Every year, PAX gets bigger and bigger. GeekNights hasn't gotten that much bigger. We were not 100% sure that we would have our panel application accepted for the seventh year in a row. To ensure we could still go to PAX, I purchased four weekend passes. As it turns out, our panel was accepted. This means we no longer need these tickets.

Actually, we do need some of them. Emily needs one. Another one I'm probably going to sell on eBay or elsewhere to recoup some of the costs. The other two could be yours!

Here's how it works. Sometime between right now and when I receive the passes in the mail, you can attempt to win these tickets. All you have to do is post on Twitter. Your tweet must include the following:

• A link to some GeekNights content. This can be a podcast episode, YouTube video, etc.
  • The #pax hashtag
  • The #geeknights hashtag or @geeknights. If you choose @geeknights, it can not be at the beginning of your tweet, because then few people will see your tweet besides us.
  • That's it.

Once I get the tickets in the mail, I will assemble all the tweets and randomly select one person as the winner. I will mail both tickets to the first winner I can successfully contact. That's all there is to it.

If you tweet many times, you will still only be entered once. If you win the tickets, I expect to see you at PAX. If you sell them, I will be very angry. We will not help you arrange transportation, lodging, or any of the other things you need to go to PAX. All you can win are the two 4-day passes.

Good luck!

Source Link

Comments

• Guys....if your goal is to truly get maximum advertising you are going to need to post a quick video on the YouTube channel with the explanation.

That audience is more likely to tweet and share your stuff then the audio listeners due to the nature of the medium itself.
  • I would suggest maybe putting a hard date on the deadline as the passes sometimes don't get in until about 7-10 days before the show... Maybe a 2 weeks before the show deadline so that the winners would have the opportunity to arrange travel/lodging/time off.
  • Coldguy said:

Guys....if your goal is to truly get maximum advertising you are going to need to post a quick video on the YouTube channel with the explanation.

That audience is more likely to tweet and share your stuff then the audio listeners due to the nature of the medium itself.

Uh, if they aren't completely stupid they can Tweet that from their phone while on the toilet while listening to Geeknights.