This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Let's Play Racing Games!

2»

Comments

• edited August 2014

Oh wow I think I would have noticed that beast on the road. I was having serious log in issues last night also that could be why I didn't notice you.

Yeah, as is traditional with stress-test betas, they've been having a few early capacity issues.

Edit - And here's a side shot. As the bishop said to the actress, click to make it bigger.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Put together one of the kit cars?
  • edited August 2014
    The one that's available, yeah. I liked the idea of driving around the country picking up parts better than just grinding races over and over for cash to buy the New York cars.

I really wanted the dirt-spec one, which looks even better, but alas, not allowed in the beta, even if you collect the parts. One Kit per safehouse, but only one safehouse available right now.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I've been driving around the east coast collecting parts. Only got a few right now. You get yours around detroit?
  • I've been driving around the east coast collecting parts. Only got a few right now. You get yours around detroit?

East coast parts are all dirt spec hotrod. Midwest are the kit car you can get right now, scattered between detroit, st louis, chicago and the surrounds.
  • Ah, thanks for the heads up. Not much to be done for it now, though. Closed beta ends today.
  • Codemasters is having a 75% sale on Steam. Lots of racing games for not much monies.
  • For $6, if you don't already have dirt 3, you had better damn well get it.
  • For $6, if you don't already have dirt 3, you had better damn well get it.

There's also Dirt Showdown for five, and it's got five bucks of laughs in it.
  • Isn't Dirt Showdown terrible? That's all I've heard of it and what I've seen of gameplay videos seems to confirm it.
  • edited September 2014
    It generally did well. 72 on metacritic, the primary complaint being that it's a bit shallow and a bit too different to previous games. It's basically Dirt Lite. It's not worth full price, but it's five bucks worth if you like racing games. Makes a good side-dish to dirt 3 for weird smashy fun instead of super serial racing time, the equivalent of when you grab the trophy trucks and put them in the wrong races with hax.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • No love for any of the Grid games?
  • No love for any of the Grid games?

The AI in the first one was SUPER rubberband-y. The second it was okay, but also hyperagressive when you were in the lead - you'd be cruising along, and suddenly this motherfucker comes out of nowhere and rams you into a wall.
  • I may be the only person who still loves playing Race 07. I can do races in that game basically forever, especially once I reinstall some cool mod cars and tracks
  • So Dirt Showdown is pretty fun. It's just a demolition derby game which is fine by me.
  • So this past weekend I bought myself a copy of Forza Horizon 3. And so far I've enjoyed the hell out of it. The open world racing with the ability to setup a race anywhere you are on the map is just amazing. The graphics are gorgeous. The driving itself feels good. I like how I can change the difficulty settings any time I want. The customization is nuts. At least I feel it is. There is also an option to have the game show you a live feed of various data readings while you drive around. The music the radio stations play is pretty good also. Game definitely gets two thumbs up from me.
  • So this past weekend I bought myself a copy of Forza Horizon 3. And so far I've enjoyed the hell out of it. The open world racing with the ability to setup a race anywhere you are on the map is just amazing. The graphics are gorgeous. The driving itself feels good. I like how I can change the difficulty settings any time I want. The customization is nuts. At least I feel it is. There is also an option to have the game show you a live feed of various data readings while you drive around. The music the radio stations play is pretty good also. Game definitely gets two thumbs up from me.

I really oughta download the trial and see how it runs on my computer. I apparently have the minimum required graphics card (GTX760).

Fun Fax - way back when as an irresponsible youf, I hooned around in some of the areas you can race through in the game, most notably surfer's paradise.
  • "Back when"?
  • Churba said:

So this past weekend I bought myself a copy of Forza Horizon 3. And so far I've enjoyed the hell out of it. The open world racing with the ability to setup a race anywhere you are on the map is just amazing. The graphics are gorgeous. The driving itself feels good. I like how I can change the difficulty settings any time I want. The customization is nuts. At least I feel it is. There is also an option to have the game show you a live feed of various data readings while you drive around. The music the radio stations play is pretty good also. Game definitely gets two thumbs up from me.

Fun Fax - way back when as an irresponsible youf, I hooned around in some of the areas you can race through in the game, most notably surfer's paradise.
    Awesome. I haven't spent much time on that part of the map. I set up my 2nd festival out in the outback. Been doing a lot of off road stuff out there.