This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hiding Users' Posts

Is it possible for me to hide a particular person's posts just for myself? I'd like to know.

Comments

• Hethalos said:

Is it possible for me to hide a particular person's posts just for myself? I'd like to know.

Nope. Just don't read posts you don't want to read.
  • edited August 2014
    Apreche said:

Hethalos said:

Nope. Just don't read posts you don't want to read.
    Alright. I'll try.

Post edited by Hethalos on
  • You could write a browser plug-in to hide posts from a particular author.
  • You could sit in the corner and sulk with way less effort and no testing cycle.
  • If you had AdBlock you can make custom rules for it. I recently did this for blocking signatures at a forum that I've been browsing a bit because they're annoying/some are nsfw. You could maybe do one that hides the div if the author matches.
  • MATATAT said:

If you had AdBlock you can make custom rules for it. I recently did this for blocking signatures at a forum that I've been browsing a bit because they're annoying/some are nsfw. You could maybe do one that hides the div if the author matches.

That's a pretty good idea, if it works.

• If you're up for an argument, call the user in question out on their statements and make them defend them. ;^)
  • MATATAT said:

If you had AdBlock you can make custom rules for it. I recently did this for blocking signatures at a forum that I've been browsing a bit because they're annoying/some are nsfw. You could maybe do one that hides the div if the author matches.

That's a pretty good idea, if it works.

Ah won't work. It only supports native selectors so you can't do any parent selecting. Wasn't sure if it maybe used a library to allow for more complex selectors.
  • Rym's constant ad hominem attacks can be trying at times. Pictures of bunnies tend to placate him though.
  • Rym said:

If you're up for an argument, call the user in question out on their statements and make them defend them. ;^)

Why the fuck does your smiley face punctuation have a nose? What purpose does that serve?
  • He's doing it! HE'S DOING IT!!!!
  • Rym said:

If you're up for an argument, call the user in question out on their statements and make them defend them. ;^)

Oh please, that assumes that people are actually moved by arguments and opposing evidence. In reality, we largely engage in motivated cognition, ensuring that we engaged in biased assessment of information with the objective of conforming to a particular social paradigm.

Thus, attacking and defending of positions is a useless endeavor that accomplishes nothing but ego masturbation.

• Rym said:

Oh please, that assumes that people are actually moved by arguments and opposing evidence. In reality, we largely engage in motivated cognition, ensuring that we engaged in biased assessment of information with the objective of conforming to a particular social paradigm.

Thus, attacking and defending of positions is a useless endeavor that accomplishes nothing but ego masturbation.

Oh god. You're arguing with him by talking about not arguing with him. I am defeated.
  • And the cycle is complete.