This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The end of deathnote. ((Don't click if you don't want spoilers.))

edited October 2006 in Everything Else
I purchased Deathnote V.12/13 three days ago.

Damn was it both bad and awesome.

Misa and Light die. When matsuda shoots Light, Ryuk betrays light and writes his name on the death note and when Misa finds out she commits suicide.
Near won.T_T

Volume 13 is just like a guide containing character profiles and a list of L's snacks among other things.

Comments

• That set looks absolutely kickass.
  • It is.

Volume thirteen has a reversible cover: one side is the cover art, the other is the death note.
  • Wait, Misa dies? I totally missed that. Wasn't that Misa in the last spread?

(Hahaha, I gave up on the manga at around chapter 60 when the-only-likable-character-dies, and last weekend, I gave in and just downloaded the last ten chapters.)

I was kinda disappointed... I was waiting for L to pop out of nowhere and shout "Aha, I got you mofos!"
  • Ah, spoilers, that saves me a lot of trouble. I stopped reading a while ago 'cause Near and Mello were freakin' the most annoying characters ever argh. I'll probably buy the books anyway because I love Obata Takeshi's art. I'm definitely getting the artbook (real soon, nomnomnom).

Gotta say that set look totally awesome. What's that white box in the top left corner there?
  • That girl in the last spread was not Misa.
  • Wired, where can I get me one of those sets?
  • Imported, They are about $35 bucks each. (plus shipping/retail raise.)
  • Some info from volume 13.

MELLO
    1989/12/13 - 2010/01/26
    Blood Type: A
    Height: 171cm/5'6''
    Weight: 52k/114 lbs.
    Hates: Whoever is better than him

MATT
    1990/02/01 - 2010/01/26
    Blood Type: O
    Height: 168 cm/5'5''
    Weight: 52 k/114 lbs.
    Dislikes: going out

NEAR
    1991/8/24
    Blood Type: B
    Height: 155cm
    Weight: 40k
  • Imported, They are about $35 bucks each. (plus shipping/retail raise.)
    Yeah, I know imported, but what website?
  • edited October 2006
    I wanted L to come back too...

Wait, what? When did Misa die? I thought she was holding a candle and being all religious. That wasn't her? How did she off herself?
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Re-read volume 12.

And an old friend of mine bought it for me just before coming back here.

L's death seemed so fake to me, probably the reason I read the whole manga.
  • Aww...Well, it's quite a spiffy set =)
  • edited October 2006
    Search on eBay, you will find a good one with luck.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • I read it out of order in Jumps that I found lying around, so it makes sense that I am confused...

I got the manga at the Co-op store at Meidai, but I haven't read it through yet. *sigh* I miss the Co-op store...
  • Have you tried reading it on teh Internets?
  • Yes, but I stopped reading the scanlations after L...you know...(sad)

I have very mixed feelings about scanlations. Sometimes (as with Death Note) the translation is really very good, but sometimes you have people who either don't understand Japanese all that well, or write English poorly doing the translations. I see a lot of mistakes, and sometimes it gets to the point where paying a buck and reading the original is more enjoyable and less confusing.
  • I agree, some scanlations are beyond understanding and seem like some alien language resembling English.
  • I hate to revive an old ass thread but I just finished it and wasn't going to make a new one. I read nothing of Misa committing suicide, but will look it up immediately. Who was that in the final spread then?

I adored this manga, it's the first manga series I've ever read in full. I loved it.

That set makes my pants tighten, and I might have to pick it up. Holy shit. Is it in English?
  • Looks like Japanese to me. What with all that Japanese writing there.

The girl at the end is apparently just some random who looks exactly like Misa because Obata Takeshi has trouble drawing young women that are actually different from each other. :| It's the hair. The hair is your major identifier in Death Note if you're not an old person. ;P
  • Misa did commit suicide, it's written on volume 13.
  • Ah, I meant is it AVAILABLE in English... That's just poor grammar on my part. :)

Shitty deal that they kept that exclusively to volume 13... I STILL don't see it in 12.
  • I don't know when they will released the last volume.

It's mostly funny facts about Deathnote, such as character profiles and all the snacks L had trough the series.