This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Making fun of telemarketers

edited October 2006 in Everything Else
I just found this! :-D

Do you have good telemarketer pranks?

My relatively innocent routine is to ask them to hold the line a second, and then go to the bathroom (which is just two meters from the phone), and after 30 seconds or so I make audible pee/fart/poo/puke noises. I have also reversed the situation by being very personal and positive before I tell the sucker that I am so poor he or she actually should give me money, in much detail, and then pressing them in the same aggressive manner they usually do it.

Comments

• I love fooling around with those guys, if it's Internet marketing I make them see goatse.
  • edited October 2006
    I did once get a call from a company (which will remain nameless) asking if I wanted to changed my long distance provider. I told the person on the other end "Sure I'd love to, anything to help me save money for the home sex line I'm running". There was just a long period of silence on the line, and then a click.
    Post edited by MarcusNoble on
  • I much prefer messing with the religious nuts that come to my home (and even place of work a couple of times) to sell their crazy - not that all religious people are crazy, but those that go door to door really, REALLY are quite crazy.

My mom taught me to freak them out when I was young. When they would come by, she would have me go out to answer and when they asked if I could get my mother, I would yell things like "Ma! Don't waste that goat on the sacrifice, we have some fresh Christians!" or "Ma! Leave of the Johnny your pleasuring and talk to these bible thumpers!" (She taught me these when I was really to young to know what they meant, but boy, did those crazies leave right quick!)
  • Handing the phone to my 10 month old; she loves to talk!
  • A hahahah...
    One time many years ago the Mormons came to the door and my sister and I were home alone (mom was hanging out the wash) We saw men in suits coming to the door. Assuming they were salesmen, and thinking it was our job to refuse them, we shouted out the window

"We're not buying it!"
    "Yeah, we're not buying what you're selling!"

They looked very offended and hurried off.