This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

NEW Anime Season Thread!! a.k.a. Till The Industry DIES!!

Comments

• Nodame in Paris! Anything Nodame Cantabile speaks for itself in terms of awesomeness.

Skip Beat!: My gripe with that description: Kyoko aims to become an actress or talento, not a singer. She also doesn't just get "furious"; she has a whole army of demons (yes, demons) who express her inner thoughts and personalities when angry and/or panicked in sinister (and frequently comedic!) fashion. Why the hell did they think the idol outfit was a good idea? She wears only one pink outfit in the manga, and that is highly memorable.
    edited September 2008
    My gripe with that description
    *pat pat pat* It's only a rough outline, merely to inform the person what kind of story it is. As for the cropped promotional image, so what? >_> The Greek sex anime only has a bunch of text.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Greek sex anime
    The what now?!
  • Greek sex anime
    The what now?!
    A "slightly pervy" comedy entitled: "Greek Myths I'd Definitely Do". It will retell Greek myths with an emphasis on male-female relationships and the erotic side of each story.
    If that doesn't mean it's an anime about (among other myths) Zeus and his many affairs, I don't know what is.
  • Awesome sauce!
    ...man, there are some weird goings on in those myths. How did the Minotaur come to be?
    ...You don't wanna know.
  • ...You don't wanna know.
    I remember reading how that creature came to be. That wooden frame..
  • edited September 2008
    Titles I'll be checking out for sure:

- Tytania (most anticipated show of the season for me; such a huge amount of pedigree going on here!)
    - Michiko to Hatchin (second most anticipated show; MANGLOBE STUDIOS AWWW YEEEEEAH :D)
    - Tales of the Abyss (to see what all the fuss is about)
    - Zettai Yareru Grecia Shinwa (the premise sounded interesting when it was announced)

If there's time, will possibly will check out:

- Kuroshitsuji
    - Skip Beat
    - Hakushaku to Yousei
    - Alive
    - Mouryou no Hako
    - Kurozuka
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Yawn, but good. There are maybe two shows here that seem like I'll get beyond episode 1. That's good because I already have enough on my plate as it is. Too many good shows would be bad.
    edited September 2008
    Oh yes, I have not mentioned what shows I shall allow to make an attempt at entertaining me.

Anime:
    • Bounen no Xamdou - It's awesome (seen several episodes).
    • ToraDora - Supposedly funny.
    • Yozakura Quartet - Interesting looking.
    • Kuroshitsuzi - Perfect butler serving a spoiled brat?
    • Tentai Senshi Sunred - This must be a joke thing. Like gag manga.
    • Kurogane no Linebarrel - Sounds awesome, but Gonzo...
    • Zettai Yareru Grecia Shinwa - Ancient Greek sex anime.
    • Shikabane Hime Aka - Undead girl with an uzi.
    • Ga-Rei Zero - More supernatural action.
    • Kurozuka - More supernatural action.
    • Mouryou no Hako - Mystery something.
    • Tytania - It says 'Space Opera'. People seem really excited about it.
    • Michiko to Hatchin - People are also excited about this one.
    • Inuzama Eleven - FOOTBAAAAAAAAAAALLL! First ep only I guess.
    • Alive - Sounds awesome, but...
    OVAs:
    • Shigofumi - More Shigofumi?
    • Lucky Star - More Lucky Star.
    • Switch - No idea.
    • Hell's Angels - None here either.
    • EVE no Jikan - It's very interesting (seen an ep)
    There are maybe two shows here that seem like I'll get beyond episode 1.
    Which 2 Scott? Michiko to Hatchin you guys already talked about on the show.
    (to see what all the fuss is about)
    Where do you go that I don't? I heard little about anything really.
    Post edited by ... on
  • How many of these shows were manga previously?
    Percentage wise? Hard numbers or anything else? *no idea*
  • edited September 2008
    Where do you go that I don't? I heard little about anything really.
    I haven't heard a fuss about the anime specifically, but I go on some local anime group forums and a ton of people on there rave about the Tales series of games all the time (particularly Symphonia). I haven't played a Tales game since Tales of Destiny 2/Eternia, so I don't really know what they're raving about. New TotA anime is probably an easy opportunity to find out.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • I haven't heard a fuss about the anime specifically, but I go on some local anime group forums and a ton of people on there rave about the Tales series of games all the time (particularly Symphonia). I haven't played a Tales game since Tales of Destiny 2/Eternia, so I don't really know what they're raving about. New TotA anime is probably an easy opportunity to find out.
    Aaaaaah. That explains, you see, the little I hear about the tales stuff is that it's all crap. :)
  • Definitely seems like there are about 6 or 7 shows I'm going to at least watch the first episode, who knows if they will actually be good or not.
  • Gundam 00
    Gundam 00
    Gundam 00
    Gundam 00
    Gundam 00
    Gundam 00
    Gundam 00
    AHHHHHHH! I can't stand the cliff hanger any longer.
    I know that Ga-Rei and Kurozuka are based on manga, and not particularly good ones either, but I don't know about the others.
    Gundam 00
    Gundam 00
    Gundam 00
    Gundam 00
    Gundam 00
    Gundam 00
    Gundam 00
    Yeah, this is why I didn't bother with the first season.
  • Gundam 00
    Gundam 00
    Gundam 00
    Gundam 00
    Gundam 00
    Gundam 00
    Gundam 00
    I can tell you the end, everybody dies :P
  • I want to check out Michiko to Hatchin. The premise of the show sounds like it will be lots of fun to watch. I also want to watch Nodame Cantabile in Paris. I loved the first series.
    Percentage wise? Hard numbers or anything else? *no idea*
    I just want to know if I can pre-screen in far shorter download periods. Most everything I am previously inclined to follow has been running for like 20 or so manga and is well established.
  • So far it's just ef: A Tale of Melodies, Rosario + Vampire CAPU2, and Gundam 00 Second Season for me.

Wow, all sequels. Might as well check out Shikabane Hime Aka, and give some random ones on the list at least a first look.
  • Watched Toradora. It's fun if you like anime school comedies, but nothing amazing. Also saw Casshern Sins, and that was quite the stylized thing. Not really sure what to make of it, don't even know the target audience they were going for.
  • I liked Toradora, it reminds me of Lovely Complex. I'm looking forward to seeing how the show develops over the season.
  • edited October 2008
    Yay there's some more 'Today in class 5-2'. Man I really liked the series. Too bad it was only a oneshot manga, and only had 4 episodes. But a new series, thats made my day. Yay.
    Post edited by andy_xie on
  • I've been liking the Bounen no Xamdou (already out on the PSN, apparently), the Blade of the Immortal, and the Casshern Sins.

Although Gundam 00 will always have that special 12-year-old-excitement special spot in my heart (at least until the next good Gundam show rolls around).
  • Rosario to Vampire is keeping up its standard of excellence with its second season.
  • Wow, the art and animation in Casshern Sins is so hot. I'm really digging the thick black lines and the hybrid oldschool/newschool character designs. I never watched the original Casshan (but I'll take Scrym's word that it sucked), and the live-action movie was pretty damn silly, but Casshern Sins actually looks fairly awesome. Plot is a little vague so far, but I'm willing to grant it that since it was only a first episode.
  • Shikabane Hime finally got subbed by someone and it's freaking cool. Undead girl + guns + explosions = win.
  • Rosario to Vampire
    Are you serious?
  • edited October 2008
    God DAMN. Gundam 00 exceeded my expectations by far.

Oh, and I guess Toaru Majutsu no Index was pretty good too.
    Post edited by Σπεκωσποκ on
  • Rosario to Vampire
    Are you serious?
    Not at all. That was dripping with sarcasm. Though that show is the only one the realistically displays short skirts in anime. :P