This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

edited November 2008 in Everything Else
Consider this thread to be the evil half-brother of "Things of Your Day". Instead of posting things that are awesome, post things that are made of epic fail.

I just gashed my elbow into a doorframe. It hurt, but I didn't realize I was bleeding until just a few minutes ago. Now I've got blood all over my shirt. Ewww.

Comments

• Boss wanted to get a Blackberry Bold. Sold out all over Manhattan.
  • Boss wanted to get a Blackberry Bold. Sold out all over Manhattan.
    Is this the same boss who bought a iPhone the same day you did?
  • Epic Fail List 7

I decided to place the latest one up, but if you check out his profile on the site you can see the previous 6 if you care to.
  • Fail Blog

Self-explanatory. Also epic.
  • edited November 2008
    I had my first day of orientation at Kodak today (the job I got that doubled my salary from my previous job). Unfortunately, the first day is at a facility out in a neighbouring county, so I had asked my acquaintance for a ride (She has a car, I do not, yet). Turns out, she woke up late. I took the taxi there, and had to pay $55.00. Now I have barely any food money until my next paycheck, which comes on the 21st.

The good thing is, from the 21st on I'll be making "mad money", compared to the amount I need to spend on living expenses and projects. Things should turn around after then, but the intervening time will be hard as nails (Alternatively, balls). I feel I might be eating rice for a time, so I should learn some more sauces.

I am out of potatoes after making latkes the other day.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • I am out of potatoes after making latkes the other day.
    You can get latke mix really cheap. Also, it's worth it to go for the more expensive Sapporo Ichiban ramen. Trust me.
  • Latke....mix? I just use potatoes, and eggs. Interesting...

And yes, I do need to get some good ramen. O, how I dearly wish for a ramen shop in Rochester. I just came back from The City (as in NYC), and there's so much more culture there.

I can't decide if I want to make rice tonight, or pasta. I have tomatoes for either, and I could make some creme sauce (though I don't enjoy creme sauces as much as tomato-based sauces). I'm really craving fish, or meat, or fruit. I don't like living like a 12th century Chinese (or, sometimes, Italian) peasant.
  • Hey, there are two Korean grocery stores right down the road from RIT where you can buy your Japanese/Korean foodstuffs. You can also buy decent ramen at Wegmans. Also, my pop works for Kodak! He is an electrical engineer working on image sensor technology.
  • And yes, I do need to get some good ramen. O, how I dearly wish for a ramen shop in Rochester. I just came back from The City (as in NYC), and there's so much more culture there.
    Rochester has a lot of culture. You just need to know where it is because it doesn't jump out and hit you in the face. Actually, I'd say there's a lot more culture in Rochester than there is in Beacon. There are plenty of people who can tell you where it is.
  • edited November 2008
    I feel I might be eating rice for a time,
    Gallo pinto. Sautee onions and garlic, add dry rice, let it get a little crispy. Add water. Add salt, pepper, cumin, and cilantro. Add black beans. Win.

You can make a ton of this stuff really cheap, and the beans make it pretty solid nutritionally. Rice and ramen aren't going to do much for your body.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • edited November 2008
    From This Thread

Dkong1026: Same with Ohio. Actually, in Ohio you can have up to 100 grams, which IS an epic amount of weed.

Churba: Jesus fucking Christ, that's 2.835 kilos of weed - 935 20 bags from a generous dealer, or 472.5 quarters. Assuming a profit margin of 20 pounds per 20 bag(This, of course, assumes you don't have a grower, but get supplied by a middleman, not uncommon for small time dealers), you're making 18,700 Pounds gross profit, and if you're making less than 18,000 pure profit, then you're either inbred, or from Essex.

Funfetus: Um....I think it's actually 1/10 kilo... Did you misread it at ounces?

Churba: Err, yes.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Churba, copy the link from where it says "permalink" (next to "quote") of the post you want to link to.
  • Goddamnit, I'm failing hard today.
  • John McCain
  • Goddamnit, I'm failing hard today.
    Don't worry dude, it's just kinda hard to find it in all that text.
  • After McCain's classy concession speech, I feel bad about throwing him under the bus.
  • on the bus to work today, the bus was stopped for 30 minutes because it was overcrowded with punk kids going to school. Instead of telling the punk kids to get off, they stopped the bus and waited for the next one.
  • I feel I might be eating rice for a time,
    Gallo pinto. Sautee onions and garlic, add dry rice, let it get a little crispy. Add water. Add salt, pepper, cumin, and cilantro. Add black beans. Win.

You can make a ton of this stuff really cheap, and the beans make it pretty solid nutritionally. Rice and ramen aren't going to do much for your body.
    Thats my country's staple breakfast ;) just missing the Lizano (Costarrican sauce)
  • ...the bus was stopped for 30 minutes because it was overcrowded with punk kids going to school. Instead of telling the punk kids to get off, they stopped the bus and waited for the next one.
    This was the reason I drove to the academic side of campus for much of my time at RIT. They wanted us to take the shuttles. I was more than willing to take the shuttles. They were free. They stopped right outside my apartment. They went directly to where I needed to be on campus.

But... Every time I tried to use one, I'd be confronted with a line far longer than what could possibly be accomodated by the bus. I'd be turned away due to lack of space, along with many others. I'd miss my class, and basically be screwed. They were useless unless you lined up long in advance for a shuttle hours before your class.

Mass transit would be a lot more viable if it didn't so often fail people in even the most basic of their transportation needs.
  • After McCain's classy concession speech, I feel bad about throwing him under the bus.
    I will say that he did give an excellent concession speech. It's a shame he wasn't that guy we saw for the past, oh I dunno, two years? He even made an attempt to stop the booing when he mentioned Obama.
  • Mass transit would be a lot more viable if it didn't so often fail people in even the most basic of their transportation needs.
    Roger Rabbit.
  • I will say that he did give an excellent concession speech. It's a shame he wasn'tthat guy we sawfor the past, oh I dunno, two years? He even made an attempt to stop the booing when he mentioned Obama.
    I think he's disgusted and afraid. He sees who his supporters were, and what Sarah Palin represents. He was the last great white hope of the old Republican party. In the coming years, he'll be thrown under the bus as the radical elements of the party mobilize. He'll be the scapegoat, proof to the new guard that the relative restraint of the past party was a failure.

Notice how he reacted to the boos and anger. Note how Sarah reacted in similar situations. The telling moment will be if/when Sarah Palin makes a long public speech in the months to come. I'll give her a good shot of being the Republican nominee in 2012.

Not that it'll matter. I'm banking on an Obama/Quetzalcoatl ticket in '12.
  • Not that it'll matter. I'm banking on an Obama/Quetzalcoatl ticket in '12.
    I'll vote Quetzalcaotl, but only if Nyarlathotep declines again.
  • I'll vote Quetzalcaotl, but only if Nyarlathotep declines again.
    That's the problem. We all want the Quetzalcaotl/Nyarlathotep "dream ticket," but neither of them would agree to it.
  • edited November 2008
    Post edited by djfooboo on
  • "dream ticket"
    I'm really digging your word choice there.