This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nothing Lasts Forever

edited March 2009 in Movies
Pump up this torrent. It's probably the only chance you will ever have of seeing this movie.

Comments

• edited March 2009
    The plot sounds interesting if not completely silly. Why not.

For those interested:
    Plot

The plot concerns a young man (Galligan) who dreams of becoming an artist. On returning to his relatives in Manhattan, he finds that the Port Authority has taken control of the city, and is forced to work in a menial job under a trigger-happy boss (Aykroyd). His kindness to a tramp leads him to be taken into an underground network where he discovers that the city's tramps are controlling the destiny of all the cities in the world. They instruct him to travel to the moon on a mission to spread peace and find his true love (Lauren Tom). Galligan accidentally finds a bus travelling to the moon. Bill Murray plays the bus conductor.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • The point isn't the plot. The point is that this movie, due to legal issues, is almost impossible to see, yet it contains many famous actors. Rym, Emily, and Alex saw it at the Eastman Theatre in Rochester at one of the very few showings ever. It's a largely forgotten, lost, and rare movie, and here is a torrent that actually works.
  • Yeah a movie can be rare as some diseases, but that doesn't mean it's watchable or a must see IMO.
  • Is this movie actually worth watching other than for the fact that it's rare?
  • Do you want to see Bill Murray drive a bus to the moon or not?
  • Do you want to see Bill Murray drive a bus to the moon or not?
    Grrrr. You got me there! But the rarity thing can't apply all around.

*mumbles as she checks download*
  • The title cracks me up.
  • I'd be more interested in a torrent of this movie.
  • edited March 2009
    Well that was . . . odd. To put it lightly. o.o But it was strangely beautiful in its absurdity, actually.

I felt that a few parts dragged, particularly the bus ride to the moon (they could have cut the old people antics down a tiny bit), and Eloy's song was more squeaky and annoying than pretty, but otherwise, I liked it. I was totally digging the use of stock footage (woo, Battleship Potemkin! :D) as well as the switches from black and white to colour, and I thought the actors all did great work on their parts, with Galligan, Murray, and Rogers standing out. It was a very unique experience to say the least.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • I'd be more interested in a torrent ofthismovie.
    It is unfinished and it is a Jerry Lewis movie... that is enough for me not to care, but "it takes all kinds."
  • OH MY GOD, IT'S THE MOVIE WE SAW TO THE DRYDEN THEATER!!!
    Rym and Alex and my parents had this whole movie as an inside joke for years.

Rym and I still go:
    "Good Morning, this is the Port Authority!"
  • It is unfinished and it is a Jerry Lewis movie... that is enough for me not to care, but "it takes all kinds."
    "I guess it does." Here's a quote about this holocaust comedy (!!!) from Harry Shearer, one of the few people to see a rough cut:
    With most of these kinds of things, you find that the anticipation, or the concept, is better than the thing itself. But seeing this film was really awe-inspiring, in that you are rarely in the presence of a perfect object. This was a perfect object. This movie is so drastically wrong, its pathos and its comedy are so wildly misplaced, that you could not, in your fantasy of what it might be like, improve on what it really is. "Oh My God!" — that's all you can say.
  • This movie is fantastic. Absurd, yes, but fantastically so.
  • I watched this a few months back. Way better than I thought! Keep circulating the links.