This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• The Sisters of Mercy.I love this band!
    First and Last and Always is a great album.
    So far I only listened to their compilation and Floodland. I'm on it.
  • I finally bought the Orange Box when it was $9.99. Why did I wait so long, this game is amazing.
  • Why did I wait so long, this game is amazing.
    Which one?
  • Why did I wait so long, this game is amazing.
    Which one?
    Does it really matter? Pretty much all of them in there are a metric shitton of fun (but please let's not start another TF2 discussion).
  • The Sisters of Mercy.I love this band!
    Aw shucks, I thought you were talking about the Leonard Cohen song...
  • edited May 2009
    Aw shucks, I thought you were talking about the Leonard Cohen song...
    That's a good one too. I think So Long, Marianne is my favorite, though.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Aw shucks, I thought you were talking about the Leonard Cohen song...
    That's a good one too. I think So Long, Marianne is my favorite, though.
    My favorite Leonard Cohen song would be Suzanne or Story of Isaac.
  • HOLY FUCKING SHIT! TURTLES IN TIME IS BEING REMADE!!!

Yes, this needs bold and all-caps. This is one of my all time favorite games and possible the best side scrolling beat 'em up ever! And yes, I have played River City Ransom and I love RCR, but this game is even better!
  • Thing of my day? I went to see Anderson Cooper of CNN and The Mole fame give a guest lecture at Central Connecticut State University. It was excellent, though it does bother me that they didn't have anyone there screening questions for the Q&A. One guy didn't ask a question, instead ranting about Anderson's apparent misuse of the word Jihad. Another had a really super-long question that wasn't really even a question. Anderson talked about it for a little bit, but tried to get it over with as quickly as possible. The guy started talking again until a security guard asked him to leave (don't tase me, bro!).

But overall it was a super-awesome experience, but the lack of screeners was a fail.
    And many other pieces of awesome RQ fanart.
  • A band that only sings about hockey shouldn't be this good.
    Thanks, you just made my day a little more enjoyable :)
  • The Radio show I produce and Co-host Returns today at 10 AM GMT, and 8 PM Sydney time. You can listen at LSRFM.com, and send feedback via the same, as well as there being a livechat(under the contact us link on the main site), also, you can follow the twitter ( LSRTheRundown ) and message me there, or include the Hashtag #TheRundown in your tweets about us.

Come on, Do me a solid, Listen in, and if our listener numbers come up some in the next few weeks, we'll probably get renewed next term.
  • edited May 2009
    The Kentucky Derby was this weekend.

The race starts at 1:55 and ends at about 4:00. It's a ToTD because the horse that won started out way behind, and had 50/1 odds against him.

They break the race down and show how he did it around 5:00. It's worth watching because it's hard to see exactly how it happens during the race.
    Post edited by misakyra on
  • We need to modernize the bible for all the youngsters. Here's my proposed edit:
  • edited May 2009
  • It was just announced that Randall Munroe of XKCD will be at ConnectiCon '09. That goes beyond a "thing" and goes right into "highlight" of the day.
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2009
    It was just announced that Randall Munroe of XKCDwill be atConnectiCon '09. That goes beyond a "thing" and goes right into "highlight" of the day.
    I know!! I just checked the site and I am excited as all fuck!! I want him to sign the internet map for me because I believe it's a forgone conclusion he'll be selling it there.

Now for my real thing of the day: New Punch Out...Multiplayer...Hidden Character in said multiplayer...-nerdgasm-!!!
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited May 2009
    This is more like my thing from back in the day. My favorite episode of Two Stupid Dogs.

Isn't that cute...
    Post edited by Viga on
  • This is more like my thing from back in the day. My favorite episode of Two Stupid Dogs.

Isn't that cute...

Bah! Shameless Ren and Stimpy ripoff!
  • Bah! Shameless Ren and Stimpy ripoff!
    Are you kidding me?
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2009
    Bah! Shameless Ren and Stimpy ripoff!
    Are you kidding me?
    I am well aware of the show, I used to watch it quite a bit back in the day. But then one day I realized that this is almost exactly like Ren and Stimpy, just not as funny and then I never watched it again.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited May 2009

It might save your life!

Bonus video with Skratchy the Seal! :D
    Post edited by DJ_Katsuhiko_Jinnai on
  • Bah! Shameless Ren and Stimpy ripoff!
    Are you kidding me?
    I am well aware of the show, I used to watch it quite a bit back in the day. But then one day I realized that this is almost exactly like Ren and Stimpy, just not as funny and then I never watched it again.
    Except Two Stupid Dogs was good.