This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• This is something that all of you may find extremely interesting. The following video is a segment that was cut straight out of the classic Disney movie Fantasia at the very last minute. The animation was fully completed and the music was fully synced up too. It is Claude Debussy's Claire de Luneset to what appears to a beautiful starry night at a very peaceful pond. For years, people thought it didn't survive, until someone found it in the Disney vaults and fully restored it to it's original vitality. By the same token, I had known about this lost segment for years and had always wanted to see it. The only way I could have done so was if I bought a very impressive and expensive Fantasia box set where it is included. However, just recently someone was awesome enough to post it on Youtube and now this priceless artifact can be finally seen To be perfectly honest, I really liked the segment a lot, but I think I knew why they took it out. I felt that the pacing was pretty slow and, should it have been left in, it would've ground Fantasia to a screeching halt and maybe even cause some people to leave the theater.

I am proud to present The Lost Fantasia Segment: Claire de Lune by Claude Debussy
  • You forgot to include the lost segment with the racist centaurs!
  • You forgot to include the lost segment with the racist centaurs!
    Done!

Instead of singular scenes, someone with awesome enough to splice all three deleted scenes with the entire second part of the five parts that make up this entire segment.
  • Truer words were never spoken.

• edited May 2009
    Firefox 3 incompatibility FAIL. Supposedly you can fuck with it to get it to work, but...
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Firefox 3 incompatibility FAIL. Supposedly you can fuck with it to get it to work, but...
    I wasn't suggesting people install it, it's just a funny idea.
    Yes, it's real. Yes, this is the actual label.
  • I got two things of the day:

1) Movie Posters meet video games, e.g.:

2) My bitching new wallpaper. It's kinda big though so here's a preview with the link to the large version:
  • edited May 2009
    Post edited by beefy on
  • Kodansha is apparently moving into the Canadian, and presumably eventually, the US market. Witness: New release of Akira manga in English! I will finally have it without spending ridiculous money on used copies.
  • My thing of the day (technically Tuesday) is a true story. Tuesday was the day for the AP Computer Science test. I took the test and class last year, but I have a friend in APCS this year. On his test, while he was doing the free response, he accidentally cut his finger with his pencil. He was bombing the test anyway, so he figured he'd make the best of a bad situation. He proceeded to write the first three panels of Watchmen: Rorschach's Journal for October 13, 1985. In blood.
    Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No."
    I plan to write this (in pencil) on my Bio test on Monday, provided I have time. If I don't have time, I'll use "Why so serious!?" as my fallback.

Also, last year everyone in my APCS class wrote "THIS IS SPARTA" on the free response.
  • edited May 2009

Who needs a drummer with a tractor around. Hank hill behind the camera?
    Post edited by Alan on
  • Witness:New release of Akira manga in English! I will finally have it without spending ridiculous money on used copies.
    Oh my god finally. I was at Dark Horse the other week and saw a few of the old volumes I didn't have and justified not getting them on the grounds that they would probably start rereleasing it soon.
  • edited May 2009
    By pure accident I just came a cross this piece of unmitigated awesome.

I so want this.

And apparently I just posted a little early because I also just read that next week Harmonix is going to release a few songs from one of my favorite bands, Social Distortion, for Rock Band next week. Too bad they do not include Ball and Chain, Don't Drag me down or Highway 101, but I take the three they are releasing: Bad Luck, Story of my Life and Ring of Fire.

The songs I would also like:

Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited May 2009
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • BEHOLD! El-Hazard OVA...

1!

That's right, the unfindable is findable on the interwebs! (yes that was a zombocom reference)

Now this is gonna be a slow one but better slow than nothing.

Alternates:12
    Nice!!! I would've totally used that had I not searched up and down for some streaming El Hazard.
  • BEHOLD! El-Hazard OVA... 1! That's right, the unfindable is findable on the interwebs!
    Now this is gonna be a slow one but better slow than nothing.
    I don't get it. It's pretty easy to find fansubs for El Hazard, so it's not only not something special, it's also not hard to get. So yeah, I don't get it, what's the fuzz about? '-'?
  • My thing of the day (technically Tuesday) is a true story. Tuesday was the day for the AP Computer Science test. I took the test and class last year, but I have a friend in APCS this year. On his test, while he was doing the free response, he accidentally cut his finger with his pencil. He was bombing the test anyway, so he figured he'd make the best of a bad situation. He proceeded to write the first three panels of Watchmen: Rorschach's Journal for October 13, 1985. In blood.
    Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No."
    I plan to write this (in pencil) on my Bio test on Monday, provided I have time. If I don't have time, I'll use "Why so serious!?" as my fallback.

Also, last year everyone in my APCS class wrote "THIS IS SPARTA" on the free response.
    This is my thing of the day!
  • Was reading Deadpool's wiki page and came across this.
  • Was reading Deadpool's wiki page and came across this.
    Deadpool is pretty awesome:
  • edited May 2009
    [tarantino mixtape]
    This was my thing of the day:

Link because embed failed:Inglourious Basterds trailer
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • [Inglourious Basterds Trailer]
    Embed doesn't work, but that movie should be interesting. What I really like already is that Tarantino largely casted german actors to play ze germans. Also has an actor I never expected to appear in a Tarantino movie: Mike Meyers.