This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20100224 - Medley of Anime Ending in "a"

edited February 2010 in GeekNights
Tonight on GeekNights we preview a bunch of anime that end in "a" including Cobra, Durarara!!, Kaitō Reinya, and (Kenshiro save us) Chu-Bra!!. In the news we just do some geekbytes of other shows we have been watching recently.

Comments

• (Kenshiro save us)
    Only way he can do that is by killing you. You sure you want that?
  • (Kenshiro save us)
    Only way he can do that is by killing you. You sure you want that?
    Better than another episode of Chu-Bra!!
  • Better than another episode of Chu-Bra!!
    Good to know. Now I'm off to listen.
  • Chu-bra! Why, Scrym, WHY! Someone should of just jumped into the screen to save you!
  • The chat screens are all of the character interacting, unknowing of each other. Celty, the motorcycle girl actually has been talking to the main character since before he went into the city.
  • edited February 2010
    I'm guessing a notable example of normal world distorted by the plot is Paranoia Agent.
    Also, sadly, your theory fails; Narita's third exclamation-mark series of light novels apart from Baccano! and Durarara!! is Vamp!.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Another show that takes itself so seriously that it's a parody is Gurren Lagann. I thought that was what you were going to mention, but Giant Robo did do it first, I imagine.
  • Another show that takes itself so seriously that it's a parody is Gurren Lagann. I thought that was what you were going to mention, but Giant Robo did do it first, I imagine.
    Gurren-Lagann is simply every mecha cliche in the book executed perfectly.
  • edited February 2010
    Cobra was awesome, I wanted to be Cobra when I was 6 years old. And that is why I got slaped by a girl early in my life, it was worth it though : P
    Also Giant Robo was so ridiculous that because awesome! <3
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • Thanks to you guys and Japanator, I will avoid Chu-Bra at all cost.
  • Just looking at the promo art for Chu-Bra on ANN should be enough to let anybody know not to watch it.
  • My High School Anime Club just started watching Durarara!!, and I've actually been bored. Maybe it's just because I really didn't want to be watching something last week, but I spent most of the time finishing my book for english class (bad choice considering the lighting.) Also, when are you guys going to be responding to Connecticon Pannel submissions? I sent mine in over a month ago.
  • I know you guys (Scrym) have a bit of a FLOSS boner so I figured you'd like to know that the "The Secret of Kells" was produced in Blender. Linkage.
  • edited March 2010
    I know you guys (Scrym) have a bit of a FLOSS boner so I figured you'd like to know that the "The Secret of Kells" was produced in Blender.Linkage.
    SERIOUSLY?? (@_@) I would have guessed After Effects.

edit: Ah, they only use it for some things. I am guessing some 3D pans and stuff like that. Also some of the monster scenes.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I think Rym may be overestimating the likelihood of random cookies having pot in them. Most people don't just give away pot. It's expensive! This reminds me, though, of one time when I went to a party where, if you brought a good snack for everyone, you got a pot cupcake. At one point, I overheard a guy excitedly say to his friend, "even the churros have weed in them!" I made the churros -- they did not have weed in them. :)
  • I made the churros -- they did not have weed in them. :)
    Man, you must make some good churros.
  • I made the churros -- they did not have weed in them. :)
    Man, you must make some good churros.
    Stuff with weed in it actually tastes kinda bad. These were young guys, and I think they were just overexcited about the whole thing. You know, like the prank where you get a nonalcoholic keg or whatever, and then everyone acts drunk anyway? But yeah, I make a mean churro.