This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Favorite soda

Comments

• I enjoy Coke, though that's more out of habit than taste. There are some extremely good root beers and cream sodas out there.
  • Caffine-free diet cherry chocolate Dr. Pepper.
    Gay. Why don't you add a little umbrella to it?

Mountain Dew if soda is necessary. Coffee with cream if it's available. Water the vast majority of the time. Jack and Coke with the guys.
  • edited February 2010
    Bumping because I really can't relate to those beer discussions.

This is quickly becoming my favorite soda. Basically a super tart/sour lemonade, but it's not unpleasant tasting by any stretch of the imagination. I mean, assuming you like lemon Warheads.

Post edited by Sail on
  • Thisis quickly becoming my favorite soda. Basically a super tart/sour lemonade, but it's not unpleasant tasting by any stretch of the imagination. I mean, assuming you like lemon Warheads.
    I've had a lemonade craving for days, and then you posted that. This is one of the few times I can say that I've been sent wildly salivating.
  • I'm a complete wuss when it comes to sour things. It's like how some people hate soda because of fizziness.
  • IBC Root Beer and IBC Cream Soda; both cater to my palette quite well.
  • IBC Root Beer and IBC Cream Soda; both cater to my palette quite well.
    Hallo there, buddy. I had lover affair with those sodas too. Especially since I could get 32oz glass bottles of those drinks for only a dollar.

Been turning into a fan of Ginger Ale too. And Ginger Beer too.
  • I enjoy a good root beer or ginger ale (Stewart's and Seagram's, respectively), most of the Jones sodas, and Mountain Dew/Mello Yello.
  • Squirt is nice, but I prefer water.
  • Personally, I think Vanilla Coke (or Coke Vanilla as it's called now) is one of the best sodas I've ever imbibed in my life. The sweet vanilla flavor coupled with coca-cola really is enjoying to taste. I cannot tell you how sad I was Vanilla Coke was off the market for a little while, but I was really happy when it came back.
    Yeeessssss. Vanilla Coke is the best! When people see me drinking it they are like "Oh, I didn't know that existed anymore." I also enjoyed the brief black cherry vanilla coke. (I haven't seen it in a while...) Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper are also yummy.
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2010
    Personally, I think Vanilla Coke (or Coke Vanilla as it's called now) is one of the best sodas I've ever imbibed in my life. The sweet vanilla flavor coupled with coca-cola really is enjoying to taste. I cannot tell you how sad I was Vanilla Coke was off the market for a little while, but I was really happy when it came back.
    Yeeessssss. Vanilla Coke is the best! When people see me drinking it they are like "Oh, I didn't know that existed anymore." I also enjoyed the brief black cherry vanilla coke. (I haven't seen it in a while...) Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper are also yummy.
    Black Cherry-Vanilla was discontinued. That makes me sad because I never tried it because I was waiting for Vanilla Coke to be re-released and I feel kinda stupid for not getting it when it was in stores. One of these days I'll find an ebay auction that will make up for this fail.

EDIT: Dr. Pepper is my #2 standby if Vanilla Coke is unavailable. One of these days I've gots to get me some real Dr. Pepper.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited February 2010
    As far as I know, it's discontinued. That makes me sad because I never tried it because I was waiting for Vanilla Coke to be re-released and I feel kinda stupid for not getting it when it was in stores. One of these days I'll find an ebay auction that will make up for this fail.
    What? It was discontinued? Not where I'm from, son. You can get it all over the shop, at least, you could when I left.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited February 2010
    Vanilla Coke is pretty good. I'm fairly certain I had one not too long ago though, despite Wikipedia saying it's discontinued in the US and UK. I think the stuff is still floating around.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2010
    As far as I know, it's discontinued. That makes me sad because I never tried it because I was waiting for Vanilla Coke to be re-released and I feel kinda stupid for not getting it when it was in stores. One of these days I'll find an ebay auction that will make up for this fail.
    What? It was discontinued? Not where I'm from, son. You can get it all over the shop, at least, you could when I left.
    Remember, the U.S. and the U.K. differ in a variety of ways.
    Vanilla Coke is pretty good. I'm fairly certain I had one not too long ago though, despite Wikipedia saying it's discontinued in the US and UK. I think the stuff is still floating around.
    It is. Though not in singular can or 2 liter forms (only six-pack can and bottled forms).
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Remember, the U.S. and the U.K. differ in a variety of ways.
    Yes, And so does Australia, Where I'm from.
  • Remember, the U.S. and the U.K. differ in a variety of ways.
    Yes, And so does Australia, Where I'm from.
    I still think you guys were lucky you got to have Coca-Cola Raspberry and we did not. US citizens can only import it nowadays.
  • Coca-Cola Raspberry
    Wow, that existed? That sounds like it could either be repulsive or delicious.
  • Wow, that existed? That sounds like it could either be repulsive or delicious.
    Public opinion tended toward the former.
    I still think you guys were lucky you got to have Coca-Cola Raspberry and we did not. US citizens can only import it nowadays.
    That would be New Zealand, but at least you're getting closer.
  • They should make Kiwi Coke.
  • I lurv me some Open-Cola, first had some at a presentation by Cory Doctorow and have been hooked since.
  • You guys are making me feel sad about the lack of Pepsi Holiday Spice. 3:
  • Pepsi Holiday Spice
    Ew.

I hate it when I go to a drive-through and ask for Coke, and they say "Pepsi?" I then have to say "Uh, no. Dr. Pepper, please." Why can't places have both brands? Why??

On a related note, the Pizza Hut at the Georgia Tech Student Center is supposed to be the only one in the U.S. that serves Coke products. I thought that was neat.
  • edited February 2010
    Why can't places have both brands? Why??
    Because a lot of those places are owned by either Coca-Cola or Pepsi, or have some sort of exclusive relationship with them.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • RIT's deal with Pepsi is just another reason why this is the best Coke vending machine ever.
  • Surge, followed by Albertson's off-brand soda that was called Mountain Maze (it now less pure version called Country Mist).
  • Anyone had that Mtn Dew Throwback? It's nasty.
    Throwbacks are always better than their HFCS equivalents, though.
  • Throwbacks are always better than their HFCS equivalents, though.
    Especially Dr. Pepper Throwback. Oh it's SO GOOD!!!! I'm sure everyone can guess the reference.
    Wat'choo talkin' bout', Viga? Mountain Dew Throwback is where it's at!
  • edited February 2010
    Anyone had that Mtn Dew Throwback? It's nasty.
    Wat'choo talkin' bout', Viga? Mountain Dew Throwback is where it's at!
    MMMMMMMMMM-mmmmmmmmmmm, baby. *Funky bassline*
    Post edited by WindUpBird on